ADVERTISEMENT

NU schedule release (updated with locations)

The Bears wound up with home games on November 10 (New England), 17 (Green Bay) and 24 (Minnesota).

Why isn’t that one at Soldier Field? Bears have a bye and are on the road the following week and in London the week prior!
1. NU wants to maintain a home field advantage against Wisconsin; or
2. DG got jittery and didn’t realize the NFL release was the same exact day

I’d like to imagine it’s 1, but we can be almost certain that DG just never called the Bears to see if they could share even a few details.

I’d imagine your single-game profitability is significantly higher with four months to promote a Soldier Field game.

I prefer on-campus anyway.

• Haha
Reactions: ricko654321
1. NU wants to maintain a home field advantage against Wisconsin; or
2. DG got jittery and didn’t realize the NFL release was the same exact day

I’d like to imagine it’s 1, but we can be almost certain that DG just never called the Bears to see if they could share even a few details.

I’d imagine your single-game profitability is significantly higher with four months to promote a Soldier Field game.

I prefer on-campus anyway.
Hmm. I don’t think the crowd at WRECK in any possible composition and configuration will have even the most remote influence on the game, at least based on the preliminary end zone seating laden plan that was released previously. We are not talking about 50,000 people making noise but some small fraction of that dispersed from one another.

If your concern is that a game at Soldier Field would become a Wisconsin home game, NU has not indicated concerns of that type in the past. I was in the 10% or less of fans at Wrigley last fall who did not root for Iowa.

I have to think the revenue loss of playing at WRECK vs SF is astronomical. At least 50,000 tickets difference.

Amazing to me this wasn’t buttoned up to happen if the NFL calendar would accommodate it. Which it clearly did.

I'm guessing they might have decided to include Wisconsin to make higher prices more palatable. Big Ten conference games are always more expensive and this makes it two conference games in the 5-game package. It's also costing quite a bit to put the temporary stadium together so they want to make full use of it. Could have THREE Big Ten games there next year.

Reactions: CMcCat
The Chicago Fire has a soccer game at Soldier Field on Oct 19, same day as our football game with Wisconsin. The only other location was SeatGeek and I think NU decided it was better to stay on campus given the negative feedback they received about playing at SeatGeek.

Reactions: Gatabowl
The Chicago Fire has a soccer game at Soldier Field on Oct 19, same day as our football game with Wisconsin. The only other location was SeatGeek and I think NU decided it was better to stay on campus given the negative feedback they received about playing at SeatGeek.
I liked Seat Geek.

Reactions: julescat
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT