ADVERTISEMENT

NU states 18-19 season tickets are sold out

That's not the fault of arena size but the dedication of the NU fandom, who fail to attend home games. Put the blame where it belongs.

Completely agree! I've written on this here many times before! And that's EXACTLY why you build a smaller arena: to maximize the benefits that our ticket base will produce in terms of home court advantage. So glad you agree!

I see your still living in that fantasy world where the purple seat holders don't sell out to the enemy and that the scalpers only sell to purple people. Dream on and see what happens when CC has the Cats playing for the Big Ten Championship and additional 3,000 or so paying Chicago Area fans would like to cheer them on but no seats are available.

Bitter_Tea-_How_to_avoid_it..jpg

Last edited:
Don't be another jerk who tells people how to spend their money. I now live over 75 miles from Evanston and don't relish that thought of driving home around midnight on two lane rural roads. However would like to attend some games with afternoon or earlier start times but if the 7,000 seat arena is practically sold out then long time NU fans like myself won't be able to get a seat. That's to bad and I still feel that having such a small capacity will come back to haunt them in the future. So Mr. "big bucks", go and enjoy your "glorious" time.
We should build 3000 extra seats so occasional fans like you can be guaranteed a seat?

We should build 3000 extra seats so occasional fans like you can be guaranteed a seat?
hey little boy, I' and my family have been attending NU FB and BB games probably before you were born. Hope you enjoy sitting in a 7,000 seat, MAC like gym with half the crowd being form the enemy who got tickets from the NU faithful and scalpers.

Reactions: Hungry Jack
hey little boy, I' and my family have been attending NU FB and BB games probably before you were born. Hope you enjoy sitting in a 7,000 seat, MAC like gym with half the crowd being form the enemy who got tickets from the NU faithful and scalpers.

The new WR is going to be awesome. The whole idea of the size is that a winning NU program can fill it with its own fans.

We will enjoy it Willy. It will be great. Quit your crying and either accept it or go away. Enough is enough already. There are plenty of gyms with similar seating capacity that are awesome places for college hoops. Allstate is a mess this year because it's a cavernous wasteland.

We will enjoy it Willy. It will be great. Quit your crying and either accept it or go away. Enough is enough already. There are plenty of gyms with similar seating capacity that are awesome places for college hoops. Allstate is a mess this year because it's a cavernous wasteland.
First I'm not going anywhere. Secondly those small gyms at not in the Big Ten or other Power 5 schools. yes the ones we here about like Duke are the exception but compare where they are located to NU boarding one of the worlds biggest and great city's. Let's wait and see how this plays out and if NU made a big mistake reducing their arena to MAC size or lower.

Actually, should be harder for the visiting fans to take over with 4000 st and 1000 students in a 7000 seat arena. For big games, figure at least 500 NU fans getting open seats so even if 1000 T seats are scalped and 500 seats empty (or 500 sold and 1000 empty), NU should still outnumber visitors

First I'm not going anywhere. Secondly those small gyms at not in the Big Ten or other Power 5 schools. yes the ones we here about like Duke are the exception but compare where they are located to NU boarding one of the worlds biggest and great city's. Let's wait and see how this plays out and if NU made a big mistake reducing their arena to MAC size or lower.
Quit the bordering of Chicago. NU hasn't been a big draw for casual fans and has a small local alumni base. Couple this with a population that is moving away from attending and more to watching on TV and the size is not that out of line

Quit the bordering of Chicago. NU hasn't been a big draw for casual fans and has a small local alumni base. Couple this with a population that is moving away from attending and more to watching on TV and the size is not that out of line
Oh sorry, I thought Evanston did border Chicago and it's millions of potential fans. Must have been an outdated map.

Willy, I'll say it again . . . your points are all well taken, and as you say, time will ultimately tell just how good an idea this was. But I'm optimistic that it'll be bordering on spectacular, and if, after seeing it, you can look me in the eye and tell me you don't like it, then dinner's on me. I don't get the sense that you'll ever be completely thrilled with the place, but I'm more than a little confident that you'll end up liking it more than you'd guess.

Willy, I'll say it again . . . your points are all well taken, and as you say, time will ultimately tell just how good an idea this was. But I'm optimistic that it'll be bordering on spectacular, and if, after seeing it, you can look me in the eye and tell me you don't like it, then dinner's on me. I don't get the sense that you'll ever be completely thrilled with the place, but I'm more than a little confident that you'll end up liking it more than you'd guess.
He won't comment because he won't be able to get in.

Did you witness the 1946 season? Even if you’ve been around longer than I have been (which I doubt), our respective ages have nothing to do with your comment or my response, which I strand by. We should not be building a larger arena just to accomodate occasional spectators. We (or at least) I want a raucous home crowd, not an arena that is half full half of the time and half filled with visiting fans the other half of the time.

Don't be another jerk who tells people how to spend their money. I now live over 75 miles from Evanston and don't relish that thought of driving home around midnight on two lane rural roads.

Move out of the sticks.

That's not the fault of arena size but the dedication of the NU fandom, who fail to attend home games. Put the blame where it belongs.

You know, extra seats won't make NU fans more dedicated. Thus, extra seats go to the opposing fans. Your entire premise is flawed.

Perhaps inadequate for people like you who are unwilling to fork up. For people like me who are willing to pay for a good product, it will be glorious.
That 18-19 season was certainty glorious…14th place

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT