ADVERTISEMENT

NY Stadium - T20 Cricket World Cup

darmok

Gold Member
Aug 14, 2019
I don’t know if there are any other cricket fans on these boards, but this summer, the US and West Indies are cohosting the Cricket World Cup. One of the sites is in New York and they have built temporary seating (remind you of anything?). This stadium was just a barren cricket field a few months ago, but should be ready to host its first match on June 3. A total of 8 different matches will be played here between June 3 and June 12.

Reactions: MotownMedilldo
That is really interesting. Thanks for sharing.

If there is one thing NU takes away from that example, I hope it is the music. Groovy, I bet it would be fun at parties.

It also makes me wonder if any of our limited seating capacity will be reserved for DJ Commando. Maybe he can get a little hiatus or another gig in Nassau County?

I am not a fan and I had no idea, but this is great.

The US will play twice in Dallas, once in New York, and once in Broward.

Each of the teams in Group A — US, Canada, India, Pakistan, and Ireland — will play all their group games in between those three locales.

Group D — South Africa, Sri Lanka, Nepal, Bangladesh, and the Netherlands — will play its first six games in the U.S. before shifting to the West Indies.

Matches in the US are on something called Willow, unless you’re smarter than I am and wish to mess with VPNs. Cricket powerhouses US and Canada kick off the tournament on June 1.

As you’d expect, ten of the 15-man US roster are of South Asian descent. Cognizant MLC — Major League Cricket — will launch its second season across six cities in July.

Last edited:
Reactions: darmok
Call me confused. How does this relate to NU or football at all? If we can talk cricket, can’t talk about NU President’s actions, decisions and words?

Call me confused. How does this relate to NU or football at all? If we can talk cricket, can’t talk about NU President’s actions, decisions and words?
C'mon Bob, I know you're smarter than that. Temporary stadium for cricket, temporary stadium for NU football. Gotta do better.

• Love
Reactions: NUCat320
C'mon Bob, I know you're smarter than that. Temporary stadium for cricket, temporary stadium for NU football. Gotta do better.
Really? And we made a host of connections between Prez congressional testimony and NUFB.

Can’t wait to read the other connection on the next thread…

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT