ADVERTISEMENT

Oddity in betting line says a lot about B1G West

eastbaycat99

Mar 7, 2009
While Iowa and the Cats are 1 and 2 in the standings ( Cats in a tie with Wisconsin whom they beat soundly) both are underdogs against Nebraska (-2.5) and Illinois (-5.5) respectively, both on the road.

I think it says a lot about the parity amidst the mediocrity that has been the division this year.

Personally, I think the Hawks and Cats are both very good bets. NU, particularly, has covered every game since Howard.

Last edited:
serious question for anyone who "truly knows" - is -3 ALWAYS built into the opening line for the home team? I assume it is, but all kidding aside...I would think NU is a case study in why that probably shouldn't be the case.

Same for @Illinois - it's going to be dead there on Saturday, guarantee it. I don't consider home field advantage to be a thing for them this weekend. But -5.5 includes the -3 always, right?

Reactions: rmndcat
While Iowa and the Cats are 1 and 2 in the standings ( Cats in a tie with Wisconsin whom they beat soundly) both are underdogs against Nebraska (-2.5) and Illinois (-5.5) respectively, both on the road.

I think it says a lot about the parity amidst the mediocrity that has been the division this year.

Personally, I think the Hawks and Cats are both very good bets. NU, particularly, has covered every game since Howard.
Are both on the road?

serious question for anyone who "truly knows" - is -3 ALWAYS built into the opening line for the home team? I assume it is, but all kidding aside...I would think NU is a case study in why that probably shouldn't be the case.

Same for @Illinois - it's going to be dead there on Saturday, guarantee it. I don't consider home field advantage to be a thing for them this weekend. But -5.5 includes the -3 always, right?
That is why we have one win on the road and 5 wins at home

Last edited:

I don't think that it's an automatic 3 points for home field advantage any more. I heard North and DeFalco talking about this earlier in the year on their gambling show. Apparently the computer analytics didn't agree with the 3 points...

I don't think that it's an automatic 3 points for home field advantage any more. I heard North and DeFalco talking about this earlier in the year on their gambling show. Apparently the computer analytics didn't agree with the 3 points...
The 3 points was a quick dirty estimate that for most games is likely close. Is it always accurate? Like anything else no but it does attempt to account for where a game is played

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT