ADVERTISEMENT

Offense/QB- 2015 and Beyond

Jonny2TheP

Gold Member
Dec 11, 2007
Des Moines, IA
I put this on The Rock so a more honest conversation can be had. Also, I know that the topic is really more opinion than anything at this point, but just curious as to what some people think.

I really like how our defense is coming together not only this year, but for the future as well. We have a lot of really nice young players at several positions. I think our defense is going to be good enough over the next couple of years to keep us in pretty much every game. On offense, it's a little less clear. Jackson is going to be great for the next three and a half years, but there are question marks everywhere else in my opinion. The offensive line has some promising young talent, but it is unproven. We have two seniors on the current line, and two other juniors. After next year, a lot of positions open up. Wide receiver is the biggest question mark in my mind. Funny how in the preseason of 2013, many thought that the NU group was the best in the conference. However, they never really lived up to those expectations, and we suddenly seem to be light on talent at the WR position. It will be nice to have Christian Jones back next year, but who else is a difference maker on the current roster? Hopefully someone from the 2015 class (Fessler, Green, or Roberts) can come in and contribute right away.

The main question is at the QB position though, just due to the sole fact that it is the most important position on the field. We have some young promising prospects in Alviti and Thorson. Has anybody heard anything about who may have the inside track at this position out of those two? Any further opinions even if you haven't heard anything?

Curious to what people think about the future of this offense, and specifically at the QB position.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News