ADVERTISEMENT

Official first-half thread

Yeah, me too. I was thinking maybe we lose 30-17 or something and it doesn't look too bad. No way to sugar coat it, we got our asses handed to us, it was really bad.

And to be fair, the defense DID hold you under 40, for whatever that's worth, which is nothing.

Unfortunately you were not wrong.
Yeah, I had a bad feeling about the second half, given the parallels to the Iowa game. Without the missed FG and extra point, the scores of the two games would have been nearly identical.

And to be fair, the defense DID hold you under 40, for whatever that's worth, which is nothing.

You're a classy guy. The yardage was closer than 45-6 would indicate as well. And don't worry, we hate Alabama and Florida as well. Tennessee is kind of the "outsiders" of the SEC the last few years. We've fallen from our glory years, at least temporarily, and during the process it has been harder for many of us to keep pulling for our SEC rivals to win since it only further pushes us out of the limelight and into oblivion. Whereas most top and bottom tier SEC teams still pull for their rivals out of conference. For a lot of Tennessee fans, and me personally, I think we've went rogue for the most part and only care what our favorite team does and couldn't care less if the rest of the SEC is winning OOC games.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT