ADVERTISEMENT

Oof, this is some bad basketball.

Maryland gave up the last 11 points of an easy double-digit win. Hopefully it's enough to move into the top 75 and give NU another Quad 1 win (and to move a Quad 3 to a Quad 2).

Reactions: CatManTrue
If anyone is looking for a surprisingly competitive game, check out 3-28 Depaul vs Villanova.

DePaul is awful but down 2 at halftime. It’s tough to watch a once proud Chicago program so low. I hope they don’t make CCC the Godfather offer to lure him away.

The rumor mill says DePaul is willing to pay Porter Moser’s $6.5 million buyout at Oklahoma.

• Wow
Reactions: drewjin
If anyone is looking for a surprisingly competitive game, check out 3-28 Depaul vs Villanova.

DePaul is awful but down 2 at halftime. It’s tough to watch a once proud Chicago program so low. I hope they don’t make CCC the Godfather offer to lure him away.
Something to think about the next time someone says they'd rather NU get the fifth seed in the BTT than the fourth seed because then they'll get an "easy" win. There are no easy wins in March.

Reactions: phatcat
Something to think about the next time someone says they'd rather NU get the fifth seed in the BTT than the fourth seed because then they'll get an "easy" win. There are no easy wins in March.
Villanova wins on a three with ten seconds left. DePaul doesn’t get off a shot down one. 58-57, Nova.

And the BTT wins barely count if they do at all.

DePaul’s victory will only truly be remembered if they kick off a run to their conference tournament championship.

But even then I’m opposed to the P5 tournaments leading to an automatic bid. I get it for the smaller conferences. If you weren’t good enough to earn a bid in the B1G regular season, then sorry pal but you don’t deserve one for winning 4 or 5 games in a row at the end.

The regular season exists for a reason, people!

Reactions: drewjin
At the same time, it gives fans of shitty teams some fun hope at the end. Geez if a team can rip off 4/5 wins in as many days. They deserve it.

Reactions: hdhntr1

DePaul’s victory will only truly be remembered if they kick off a run to their conference tournament championship.

But even then I’m opposed to the P5 tournaments leading to an automatic bid. I get it for the smaller conferences. If you weren’t good enough to earn a bid in the B1G regular season, then sorry pal but you don’t deserve one for winning 4 or 5 games in a row at the end.

If I recall, the B1G used to not have a tournament and the automatic went to the conference winner. But there was a ten year drought where the BIG did not win the national championship and they were saying our teams were not “tournament ready”. So they started the BTT and then Michigan State won the national championship. That was 23 years ago and the last time a B1G school won a basketball national championship. But why worry that the regular season champs don’t get an automatic bid? They will get a bid regardless. The tournament is really for the bubble teams to either pick up some quality wins or watch their dream fade.

Conference tourneys are a money grab, that, in many cases (MAC) make the regular season entirely meaningless. It's a one game season - tourney finals.

Reactions: CatManTrue
Conference tourneys are a money grab, that, in many cases (MAC) make the regular season entirely meaningless. It's a one game season - tourney finals.
Exactly! And let’s be clear: the Conference Tournament championship is not the true championship.

A team could beat four of the weaker teams in the tournament and still be crowned a “champion”.

The Big Ten championship starts with the first regular season game and ends with the last. I’m open to an ending season tiebreaker between 1 & 2 in case they have the same record overall and versus each other.

Regardless of what happens in the tournament, Purdue is the Big Ten champion. Kudos to them. Let’s focus on trying to win the national championship tournament starting next week!

Loads of Badger fans here for their game against Maryland. I’ve seen about 10 fellow Purple people. We’ll be outnumbered , but hoping to see more Wildcats fans tomorrow.

Hopefully Maryland can make a run in the second half. Would prefer a close/tough game so the winners are more tired tomorrow

Reactions: PURPLECAT88
The good news is, they can't possibly make 70% of their 3s tomorrow...? I'm not watching, are these wide-open shots due to poor defense or are they just on fire hitting contested shots from everywhere?

The good news is, they can't possibly make 70% of their 3s tomorrow...? I'm not watching, are these wide-open shots due to poor defense or are they just on fire hitting contested shots from everywhere?
A little of both. Other than Young, Maryland kind of stopped trying once Wisconsin got the early lead.

A little of both. Other than Young, Maryland kind of stopped trying once Wisconsin got the early lead.
Maryland’s players or coaches are wiser than we think.

Wisconsin sounds nasty! We should sit this one out entirely. I don’t want our boys to get hurt.

I feel bad for Jahmir Young. He's sooo good, and there are some decent pieces around him, but he and the Terps just never made it happen.
If only there were a team that had all the pieces BUT an all-conference PG next season….

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT