ADVERTISEMENT

OT: B-Ball

mybrotha

Jul 21, 2011
Off topic here, but as I look at the football recruits and then the B-BALL recruits it appears if only on a cursory level, that Collins is doing well in that area. From someone who follows the Cat's closely for hoops, how does this coming year look? Is there room for optimism?

Off topic here, but as I look at the football recruits and then the B-BALL recruits it appears if only on a cursory level, that Collins is doing well in that area. From someone who follows the Cat's closely for hoops, how does this coming year look? Is there room for optimism?

Yes.

Collins has completely reconstructed the roster with athletic, skilled players. And there is size on this roster with seven foot Alex Olah and six ten leaper JVZ (fifth year transfer). And there are a ton of very good shooters, three of whom are elite (Lindsey, Taphorn and incoming 4* freshman Falzon).

The Big Ten will be tough this year but this team is capable of playing with anyone.

Collins has completely reconstructed the roster with athletic, skilled players. And there is size on this roster with seven foot Alex Olah and six ten leaper JVZ (fifth year transfer). And there are a ton of very good shooters, three of whom are elite (Lindsey, Taphorn and incoming 4* freshman Falzon).

The Big Ten will be tough this year but this team is capable of playing with anyone.
Thanks I read an article from ESPN and it said much of what you just did. The future looks bright!

Hey. This is a FOOTBALL forum. Take that orangeball crap to that other place. Orange is an ugly color.

Heck,I'd go so far as to say even the PRESENT looks bright!
Actually, I'm more optimistic about this year than next. I think we will do really well with JVZ and Alex who both will be done in the 16-17 season.

Actually, I'm more optimistic about this year than next. I think we will do really well with JVZ and Alex who both will be done in the 16-17 season.

Me too. Don't forget Tre, who should put up good numbers this season.

Me too. Don't forget Tre, who should put up good numbers this season.
I guess I feel that Tre will be more easily replaced and even eclipsed by the young guys on the roster who will continue to grow but nobody is going to be 7 feet tall.

I've been saying this for a while. I truly believe we are going to the NCAAs this year. This is the year. We have depth, we have size, we have decent experience in the CC system. Next year will have the potential of taking a step back with the losses of Olah and JvZ. However, after seeing GSW win with small ball, if Dererk Pardon turns out to be the real deal, I think there is a possibility we will have enough post presence and very deep stretch 4's to go with Dererk in the middle and hold our position or continue an upward trajectory. We could always attract another 5th year senior big like JvZ to fill in not to mention hopefully we can land Barrett Benson to give us some depth (fingers crossed).

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT