ADVERTISEMENT

(OT) Pirates O Cubs 4... Any questions?

12375CAT

Feb 15, 2012
KU_zpstp4lvjug.png

I have a question. Can about half of all Cubs fans (like those shown repeatedly at the former Captain Morgan Club at Wrigley during the broadcast today) go jump off a bridge?

Reactions: phatcat
OK, I give up.
37px-Wiktionary-logo-en.svg.png
Look up ku in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.

Ku, KU, or may refer to:

Contents
[hide]
Science[edit]
  • Ku band, a band of microwave radio frequencies in the electromagnetic spectrum
  • Ku (protein), a protein involved in DNA repair
  • Ku, the proposed chemical symbol for kurchatovium (later named rutherfordium)
  • KU, Krebs units, a measure of viscosity of paint
Universities[edit]
United States[edit]
Europe[edit]
Africa[edit]
Asia[edit]
Fiction[edit]
  • In the alien language from the fictional movie Kin-dza-dza!, replaces majority of conventional words (the exact meaning is always guessed from context).
  • Ku (fictional language), a constructed language created for the 2005 film The Interpreter
Slangs[edit]
Other[edit]

One interesting piece of trivia I heard on the radio this morning - when I turned it on I think they were talking about Arrieta and said that since June 1, he has hit as many home runs as he has given up: 2. He's a beast. Historically teams have done well in the post-season by riding a dominant pitcher (Baumgartner, Hershiser, etc.). Cubs have one in Arrieta and could go a long way.

Last edited:
Unfortunately, the rest of the staff is mediocre and Arrieta can't pitch every game. Hopefully Jon Lester steps up and earns his pay in the post season. He was supposed to be the ace on the staff.

Arrieta and Lester, then pray for a nor'wester.

Been a huge Cub fan since Leo Durocher managed the team. Super happy the Cubs are still playing.

But Pittsburgh got screwed with the one game playoff. It's baseball, not football. Should have been a best of three.

I have a question. Can about half of all Cubs fans (like those shown repeatedly at the former Captain Morgan Club at Wrigley during the broadcast today) go jump off a bridge?

Let me guess, you must be a SUX fan.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Is that where
Is that where all of the sux fans have gone? Probably more people in that bar then the "taxpayers club" drew to their final game. Sixth worse attendance in Major League Baseball. Embarrassing ! Where will uncle Jerry threaten to move next? Florida? Mexico? Vegas? Montreal?

Is that where

Is that where all of the sux fans have gone? Probably more people in that bar then the "taxpayers club" drew to their final game. Sixth worse attendance in Major League Baseball. Embarrassing ! Where will uncle Jerry threaten to move next? Florida? Mexico? Vegas? Montreal?

Ah, yes, the fanbase who equates their attendance superiority to Yankees-and-Cardinals-esque levels of on-field success. And I couldn't care less if the Sox threatened to move. They suck.

Have you checked the depth of the Redbirds staff?

This is definitely the year for the Cubs to confront the Cardinals in the post season. Looking ahead though the Mets are going to be a real challenge to going the distance, assuming they get past the Dodgers which they likely will be able to do.

It is probably not too early for Cubs fans to start on their diet of roast goat.

This is definitely the year for the Cubs to confront the Cardinals in the post season. Looking ahead though the Mets are going to be a real challenge to going the distance, assuming they get past the Dodgers which they likely will be able to do.

It is probably not too early for Cubs fans to start on their diet of roast goat.

Sometimes it is no fun to be right. As I had predicted the Cubs did get to confront the Cardinals in the post season and that they would end up facing the Mets which did in fact prove to be the real challenge.

Sometimes it is no fun to be right. As I had predicted the Cubs did get to confront the Cardinals in the post season and that they would end up facing the Mets which did in fact prove to be the real challenge.
Where were the 'taxpayers" club playing?

At least with the Cubs having lost, it may mean that NU will bounce back today.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT