ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Roni's latest book

Turk

May 29, 2001
Blacklisted by Fitz
This page has several cat fans who have authored books, including Beniot, and the other poster who writes the inauguration history, and Roni. [wrestlerone].

Roni, being banned on here, was sad. But that hasn't stopped him from being the only NU sports player who has authored a book and climbed the charts at Amazon. Although roni has a field of psychology, he has blended his niche by incorporating it into the sports world [Golf] with his latest best seller.

Although he is sorta eccentric, he has been a fine example of an original thinker that also played sports at NU and authored a book.

Wrestlerone #19 on the charts!

Five five-star ratings all within three days of one another with similar formatting and wording? Shocked, shocked I say!

your small negative mind needs ears and eyes

Actually, the book is well received among the highest level of golf instruction. Although several Golf experts have endorsed the book or have contributed to the book, thoe of us living in illinois would recognize the name of Gary Pins who has won award after award for golf instruction, including illinois instructor of the year. He is one of the endorses on the front page of amazon. So quit your hate and lying.

Fitz should by ronis books so that he can understand his core values. Fitz has loyalty but he serves it and makes it destructive. Loyalty is not a virtue if you build a wall around it and covet it as a fortress. Bowing down to loyalty has contributed to The Problem of Fitz and it has rendered him uncompetitive. Ive diagnosed this form of idolatry a couple years ago but most on this board are blind and think its profane to point out the error of fitz' way. Nothing will change until fitz opens up his ears and eyes. And a good first step is for him to get therapy by buying ronis book.

I miss Wrassler as well. What did he do other than write posts with too many exclamation points?

I believe Lou V. has clarified multiple times that Wrestlerone, only given a time-out, has decided not to return on his own violation.

Maybe but on the rock there were elitist posters asking to ban him because they were either jealous or uncomfortable with his original thinking.

Perhaps he found that he just couldn't restrain himself. Authoring books forces him to reflect. Online posting leads to spontaneous combustion.
3dgrin.r191677.gif

We have a local person who is so enthusiastic that he has to stand on street corners and sing and shout all day every day. I have spoken to him and person to person he interacts just fine. He reminds me of Wrassler.

This post was edited on 2/22 2:04 PM by Seattle_Cat

Turk,

True. Wrassler was done in by the self-righteous unofficial Board police who prattled on endlessly about his alleged Board rules violations. Sadly, if he were to come back, these dolts would be emerging from the woodwork once again. Like you, I miss the Wrassler!

It's easy enough to put someone on ignore that it should really take a lot to get banned.

I also miss his exclamation point filled incomprehensible posts. I did not read every one but I would get into certain moods where I found them very entertaining.

I, of course, know no details but the temporary time-out came after a brief flurry of out-of-the-ordinary posts from him in which he directed comments at individual players that were extremely negative. I remember being stunned by them since his previous posts had always been over-the-top manically positive.

If those particular posts were the cause of his time-out, then I have no problem with it. Otherwise, he was always good for some truly unusual posts which I had to read multiple times in order to try and understand what he was actually saying. It was like a puzzle.

Originally posted by Turk:
Maybe but on the rock there were elitist posters asking to ban him because they were either jealous or uncomfortable with his original thinking.
First, he was banned. Oh wait that couldn't possibly be true since, Lou explained several times that he wasn't banned. Then it's some story that "elitist" posters asked to ban him. But he STILL wasn't banned. So what is your point?

Originally posted by No Chores:
Turk,

True. Wrassler was done in by the self-righteous unofficial Board police who prattled on endlessly about his alleged Board rules violations. Sadly, if he were to come back, these dolts would be emerging from the woodwork once again. Like you, I miss the Wrassler!
The memory is the first to go...

Wrassler was given a "time out" because instead of offering up his usual baseline level of idiocy, he suffered a-hole seizures and started posting some particularly nasty stuff about Fitz and the program. I hope he gets a follow-up lobotomy and returns to offer up his typical out-to-lunch goofiness.

This post was edited on 2/23 1:59 AM by Gladeskat

To officially clarify what several others have already explained in this thread -- Wrassler was NOT BANNED. He was given a well-deserved timeout, but he elected not to return. The door is open for him to post again at anytime.

Perhaps the Wrestlemania persona which was in full bloom on this board was overtaking his saner side which forced him to back away from posting for awhile.

Originally posted by WestCoastWildcat:
Perhaps the Wrestlemania persona which was in full bloom on this board was overtaking his saner side which forced him to back away from posting for awhile.
There is no "saner side" to Wrassler.

Glades, mike and Lou,

While I will admit to significant memory loss, this is not such a case. I'm well aware of what happened to Wrassler, and that he was not "banned" as such. He was simply driven out by the unofficial Board police who act like a-holes about violations of Board "rules". Others have suffered this same fate. (Please spare me the crap about how free speech rules don't apply.)

Glades, mike and Lou,

While I will admit to significant memory loss, this is not such a case. I'm well aware of what happened to Wrassler, and that he was not "banned" as such. He was simply driven out by the unofficial Board police who act like a-holes about violations of Board "rules". Others have suffered this same fate. (Please spare me the crap about how free speech rules don't apply.)
OK, I will spare you the "crap" as you put it.

Go onto other message boards and break all the rules there. See how long you last. Hint: as a participant on other message boards, this board is, by far, the most lenient when addressing repeated violations of the terms of service.

And yet you repeatedly criticize Lou for attempting to keep things slightly under control so that the football board does not become a ghost town like the basketball board did. No board traffic= bad business for WR, Rivals. etc.

Originally posted by Turk:
I disagree.

I think there is a less insane side. And that would necessarily make a more sane side. Yes?
Wrassler is a crystal of insanity, formed by slowly evaporating away the normalcy.

If I recall properly, Wrestlerone's post entitled "Will you really remember Fitz 40 years from now?" and follow up posts within that thread stirred up some anger in the Rock. His comments were completely out of character: it was as if good-natured and boisterous Bozo the Clown one day transformed himself into cynical and jaded Crusty the Clown (from the Simpsons). I think it showed something inside him finally snapped and he finally had it with this board. I doubt the time-out he was given had much if anything to do with his departure . . . no more than the coaching staff refusing to listen to his demands for change in the defensive schematics.

benoit,

By the way, I thoroughly enjoyed Travels With Casey. We are presently at our Villa in the Dominican Republic and we've kept your book in our little library here so that our guests can enjoy it, a number of whom have done exactly that. Do you still have both dogs?

Welcome back cat fans!!! No worries about the hiatus from the board! I was not able to sign in from Louey Lou's Lock Down and I have been busy with work. I am happy to state a few things! First,Louey is a good guy and could have locked me,and ten other guys on here , dozens of times over the past few years for the wild and crazy posts we all make from time to time. I want to clarify,I don't think Fitz is a top ten coach in college football. Likely,he is top five! IMHO! Still, I think his OC this year lost us a few games,likely two to four,and Fitz is the chief! So they both need to share in the good and bad which is NU football. Most of what I believe has already been posted on here! To me,it is not about the wins,it's about the players and their welfare. Northwestern does things right with the players. I've worked professionally with NU student athletes and students as well as countless other student athletes over the years, I consider NU to be in the top five with a select few other schools in how they treat their jocks. I would have been a four time NU letterman at NU if not for injuries as I started as a true frosh. NU was terrific to me as a student athlete as I dropped out of school as a frosh but came back to finish in four years with an economics and HS teaching degree. NU puts it's students first and that goes a long way in my book. I think we needed to play Jackson more against Cal and NIU. Also,we needed to shrink the playbook and play Alviti when Trevor went down. It was a shame that Trevor was hurt this year cuz he was the best pure passer in the BT last year. Any QB we use needs to be mobile. I think our QB in the spread needs to roll out 33% of the time to each side,and drop back 33% and learn to slide cs getting clobbered by gorilla sized linebackers. Growing up in a more dangerous sport than football, wrassler was ranked as the number one boxer and wrestler in Illinois in HS, I can tell you college football is too high risk for my tastes. Too many things can go wrong to a young man's body. I would be ok if NU and all college football went the way of the Ivies. De emphasize these barbaric sports. I had five surgeries by the time I was 25 years old. Most of us guys on here are living vicariously thru these NU football players but we need to respect them as human beings first. By the way, take it easy on Turk! In my absence he has been the most insightful guy on here. Always search for the truth! I'm optimistic about next year as long as McCall rolls out the QB! Jackson is an AA in my book but needs a mobile QB and I also like Aviti in there for fifteen plays. Look at Cutler from the Bears and Rodgers from Green Bay. Both similar in skills but Culter won't scramble or roll out and throws picks cuz he won't get more time with his feet. You have to roll out these days or you are dead to rights. Our defense was great last year and I hope we continue to play well there.

Hey Wrassler, glad to have you back! (Keep your eyes and ears open mike, a series of violations could erupt at any time!)

Roniiiiiiiiiiiii IS BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Look out ole Roni is back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now we can have some sensible post around here where the glass is half full and serious discussion can follow!

No Chores, glad you enjoyed the dog book! And, yes, the dogs were more than mere props for a best-seller. :) I kind of love having them around. Rezzy is obsessed with the snow. Watching her play in it is one of the few upsides to the Winter From Hell here in Boston.

This post was edited on 2/25 1:59 PM by benoitdenizetl

Hey Wrassler, glad to have you back! (Keep your eyes and ears open mike, a series of violations could erupt at any time!)
Nice trolling as always, but inaccurate as usual. Wrassler is not even on the top 10 of people who violate the TOS of this board.

This post was edited on 2/25 6:57 PM by mikewebb68

mike,

I didn't realize that. Hopefully you're keeping a very sharp eye on the top ten!

I like to push the envelope here and in life guys! Worked for me so far! I really don't anticipate any more problems with me on here until around November 1st when the cats are in the running for the BT title and Justin Jackson is a legit Heisman front runner! Then Louey Lou better get me a padded cell cuz he will need to be Lockin me down cuz I'm positively giddy about these cats in hoops and football! Now it is wrestling time and I hope we finish top ten and we win an NCAA title or two.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT