ADVERTISEMENT

Our QB besides Sullivan

Baz=Heisman

Feb 11, 2023
They stink. Lausch has athleticism but can’t really throw. Hilinski is Hilinski. Aiden Gray throws an awful ball. We better get Gronowski or we will have zero depth.

• Wow
Reactions: drewjin
Haha a QB that can’t throw. Great. Makes sense he was a baseball player. Got it.

Reactions: phatcat
I believe it. We need RB depth too esp of Komalafe is hurt. Himon is tiny and porter is injury prone too.

They stink. Lausch has athleticism but can’t really throw. Hilinski is Hilinski. Aiden Gray throws an awful ball. We better get Gronowski or we will have zero depth.
Well that’s a downer. Hope at least Sullivan looked good.

You thought Lausch threw a good ball? No way. And yes, Sullivan looked pretty good. I like him. Just worried about health with him because he’s known to take a lot of hits.
No, the wind was hellacious. I said on the rock before anyone posted here that the QB’s struggled. Lausch imo should be able to complete the underneath stuff. Why I said I thought the opposite is my viewpoint that Sully struggled and Gray throws a decent ball. Gray probably throws the best ball, but he is still a deer in headlights with pressure and he threw it into crowds. You said Gray throws an awful ball and I disagree with that.

No, the wind was hellacious. I said on the rock before anyone posted here that the QB’s struggled. Lausch imo should be able to complete the underneath stuff. Why I said I thought the opposite is my viewpoint that Sully struggled and Gray throws a decent ball. Gray probably throws the best ball, but he is still a deer in headlights with pressure and he threw it into crowds. You said Gray throws an awful ball and I disagree with that.
Sully threw a great back shoulder to AJ that was the best throw of the day. I’m pretty bullish on him. Saying that we still need a transfer QB.

Sully threw a great back shoulder to AJ that was the best throw of the day. I’m pretty bullish on him. Saying that we still need a transfer QB.
Without watching the open practice, I also think Sully is probably our best QB at this point. I’m hoping the new Lujan offense will free him up to play fast and make good decisions. That said… I’m hoping for a proven QB to show up via the portal.

Yeah, that wind thing, which is why the lakefront stadium with little to no wind protection is going to make throwing a problem in mid October- November. The dipshits should have gone for Wrigley or Soldier Field. I found it hilarious that Braun praised the administration for what seemed to me as pure laziness.

Reactions: mountaindrew
Yeah, that wind thing, which is why the lakefront stadium with little to no wind protection is going to make throwing a problem in mid October- November. The dipshits should have gone for Wrigley or Soldier Field. I found it hilarious that Braun praised the administration for what seemed to me as pure laziness.
But we might be done with home games on the lakefront by mid-October anyway based on what's been written so beyond then hopefully elsewhere like you say.

If/When sully gets hurt we have no big 10 back up that can win us a game. Need a mobile QB as our Oline is like Swiss cheese again.
Hilinski looked so good in the Nebraska Ireland game. I don't understand why that was such an outlier.

Reactions: drewjin
Seems 1000% more likely for a Georgia native transferring from U Miami who had no prior offer from NU.
UCF will be on the CFB bowl schedule this upcoming season, while it will be a miracle for us just to be .500 this season, plus the fact that we are not a pass happy team.

I found it hilarious that Braun praised the administration for what seemed to me as pure laziness.

Braun faced the prospect of having to travel to home games. NU home games have had light attendance during the past 3 years, but if they are moved to, say, Soldier Field, it would go down. Can you imagine the cheerful network banter watching a NC NU game with 3K in Soldier Field? We may be down on the administration for a few things. In particular, they have a tendency to answer problems with "Let's not do anything." which has been maddening a time or two. Not here.

OTOH, it doesn't seem many have considered the wind off that lake.

Gonna be an interesting season.

Since it is speculation at this point, my guess is Sullivan was told that we are going after QBs in the portal and he would have to compete again in the fall for the starting job. That means the coaching staff is not convinced of Sullivan as our starter. Then it would make sense to me for him to enter the portal and find a place where he has a better chance.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT