ADVERTISEMENT

Please read: A big change from NU

lou v

Aug 27, 2004
I wanted to let you guys know about a change in NU's practice policies that will end out customary practice reports.

NU has announced that they will continue to allow media to attend practices on Tuesday and Wednesday but not report on anything that happens on the field. They feel that entirely too much detail has been going into reports, and I know that we are guilty of that.

Frankly, I don't blame them. It was getting to the point that practices were being covered like games and fans were making all sorts of assumptions based on what was reported about a single play at a Wednesday morning practice -- to say nothing about injury information. While I don't think anything ever compromised NU on Saturdays, I think practice reporting was getting out of control. The line on what could and could not be reported wasn't clear to begin with and was getting blurrier and blurrier.

So as a result, we'll just write features during the week from here on out. There won't be anymore "who looked good, who scored TDs, who got beat," etc.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News