Poll: Which would you rather have?

Which would you rather have?

• A Big Ten Tournament championship

Votes: 18 30.0%
  • Two wins at the NCAA Tournament

Votes: 42 70.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I vote for a BTT championship because it is near impossible. The "closest" we got was one semifinal loss - we got crushed - in 2017. Both of our Round of 32 games were competitive. We could have won either of those.

BTT, you have to win games on 3 or 4 consecutive days. Way harder than winning a couple of NCAA games.

Didn't we have a poll a few months ago where the choice was Big Ten regular-season title, BTT title, or Sweet 16 or something like that? I couldn't find it, but I thought that was an interesting discussion.

Reactions: phatcat
Didn't we have a poll a few months ago where the choice was Big Ten regular-season title, BTT title, or Sweet 16 or something like that? I couldn't find it, but I thought that was an interesting discussion.
Yes, at that time, I think I voted Reg season, but upon reflection, now I say BTT. The BTT has been such an obstacle for us, so many humiliating exits. And, winning 3 or 4 games on consecutive days is damned hard. My wife is a Toledo alum, so I follow them, and they are a historically strong MAC program but they can't win the damned MAC tourney. They last went to the NCAA in 1980.

This is legitimately a difficult question. Sweet 16 as an 8/9 is probably similar since you have to beat an elite team to reach the S16, whereas if you’re like a 5 or 6 you don’t have to score such an upset. Obviously to win the conference tournament you almost definitely have to beat at least one really great team.

I took the Big Ten Championship, but it’s very very close.

Yes, at that time, I think I voted Reg season, but upon reflection, now I say BTT. The BTT has been such an obstacle for us, so many humiliating exits. And, winning 3 or 4 games on consecutive days is damned hard. My wife is a Toledo alum, so I follow them, and they are a historically strong MAC program but they can't win the damned MAC tourney. They last went to the NCAA in 1980.
The BTT means nothing unless you need the automatic bid.

Which we don’t.

I would take the Final Four appearance over a Big Ten tournament championship relatively easy. The Sweet 16 is nice but does not bring the national acclaim that the Road to the Final Four would to make up for not winning the conference tournament. But then again, why can't we have both!

I would take the Final Four appearance over a Big Ten tournament championship relatively easy. The Sweet 16 is nice but does not bring the national acclaim that the Road to the Final Four would to make up for not winning the conference tournament. But then again, why can't we have both!
Well yeah, I think if that's the choice, we would ALL take that.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT