ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Class Expectations

scru

Sep 4, 2005
Perhaps I've been deluding myself, but after 2 B1G West championships in 3 years, addition of amazing facilities, 2 first round draft picks, one of the best head coaches in college football with absolute stability, city of Chicago, I had expectations of this year's class being a bit more of a "breakthrough" for NU. When I compare to how Stanford's classes look, albeit "on paper", we still don't seem to be taking major steps forward. I think OL and WR recruiting of late show promise. But, not sure about the overall class.

When I click through the Stanford class history, there are a lot of top 25 classes and stars. https://stanford.rivals.com/commitments/football/2017

I know ratings are not everything, but I'm a numbers guy and the ratings at least provide a comparable metric.

Do we really have an upward trend? The recruits in the pipeline this season seem to be more in-line with the recent classes rather than a step up. Yet, the sentiment on the board seems to be that we are hitting a home run this year. What am I missing?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News