ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting

mikero3

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2018
So far, I think this maybe NU's best class to this point...But truthfully it should be. We have been extremely successful on the field for several years and last year at least played very competitively in the big games(OSU,Mich and ND) instead of laying eggs like we usually do. We have ridiculously awesome facilities, a coach that stays put and we always would be top 20 in recruiting if it was up to the parents

There is no doubt we are deeper with Bigten talent and have more quality walk-ons then almost anytime I can remember. That includes teams where we had excellent, well recruited starters.

But we should be doing even better this year. To say that I am confused by some of our recruiting this year would be an understatement. It is weird we feel the need to recruit 2 lightly recruited super backs when almost certainly they will both redshirt their freshman season. It is weird that we offered so many guys and then...stopped contacting them before their position was close to being filled. Why not a fifth year guy or someone off the transfer portal to fill a need? So many questions with no obvious answers.

Coach Anderson should give every coach a lesson on how to get well recruited kids to be interested in the program. I'm not sure if it was because he was also very highly recruited and went to Michigan, but I believe he could have received even more commits from some of the guys we offered and that's not even counting guys like Sell. He knows how to relate and how and what to sell with the program to guys that have a ton of options. We have to improve the talent level every year...not get carbon copies of guys who were good players for NU.

I know for every fan that is perplexed about anything in the program we get the Purple Koolaid Brigade come to bash them and rescue our beloved coaches and recruiting staff from criticism. But I don't care!

Fitz has to stay on the coaches and the entire recruiting staff... and demand more from them in recruiting. They really have fewer excuses than ever before. The recruiting continues to improve, but its as slow as progress was on the facility.

We need some good news in recruiting. Or any news to show we still have a pulse.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News