ADVERTISEMENT

"Rivalry" with Illinois

Not me, my second favorite team is whoever plays the Undies.

Guys like this troll make it easy. Come on NU board to get his ego stroked expecting to see our fans fawning over the almighty. Throw some stupid numbers out there that no one knows what they are and that makes them feel good. Usually all time records, those dark ages make us an easy target.

I hear you and totally get the position. I actually would prefer if DePaul, Illinois, Loyola and Northwestern were all good and relevant at the same time. Makes it more fun here in Chicago to be a college basketball fan.

Hopefully one day we can do something like the Cross Roads Classic where Butler, Purdue, Notre Dame, and Indiana all play each other in a double header.

That would be cool, except we’d be stuck with the same problem that Indy has (IU and PU can never play) except even worse, because DePaul and Loyola would bring a lot fewer fans to the event than Butler and Notre Dame do in Indy ... not knocking DePaul either, I’m a current grad student there and would love an event like that to attend. :)

I hear you and totally get the position. I actually would prefer if DePaul, Illinois, Loyola and Northwestern were all good and relevant at the same time. Makes it more fun here in Chicago to be a college basketball fan.

Hopefully one day we can do something like the Cross Roads Classic where Butler, Purdue, Notre Dame, and Indiana all play each other in a double header.
I like it but would replace Illinois with, let's say Bradley or UIC. The illini are not a Chicago School and no sense giving them more exposure in "our" city. NU "Chicago's Big Ten Team!

I like it but would replace Illinois with, let's say Bradley or UIC. The illini are not a Chicago School and no sense giving them more exposure in "our" city. NU "Chicago's Big Ten Team!
What about Chicago State?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT