ADVERTISEMENT

Rumors

4 tackles. 2 tfl. And a recovered fumble. As a true freshman.

He had 6 sacks and 3 assist on the year. 15 tackles for loss and 5 assist. As a DE playing his third year of football I'm his life. He's going to be good.

This next year, he gets to play next to purdues DT that was a preseason projected 1st round pick. Purdues Dline last year started 2 freshman.

4 tackles? Holy moly!

He’s a nice player. To position him as a game changer is a bit much.

And if Purdue had a projected first round DT, sure missed him out there as well.

lol supposing you do own that place that’s just such a low rent way to talk about workers

That’s what this board is.. a bunch of guys with low T looking down on people who donhonest work
I don’t own the place, though I could if I wanted to, of course. I simply refer to all those who serve me as my staff. Such is the prerogative of the leisure class.

4 tackles? Holy moly!

He’s a nice player. To position him as a game changer is a bit much.

And if Purdue had a projected first round DT, sure missed him out there as well.
I would hope you did. He missed the entire year with a torn ACL in the final game of the final year. Purdue was so injured this last year it wasn't funny. Ended up starting like 8 freshman. Heck, the offense that played NW had a senior TE and RG, junior tackle. Everyone else was underclassman.

Northwestern is making a strong push for Cameron Martinez, 4 star Michigan player of the year. Committed to OSU but will delay signing until February, OSU recruited him as a DB. Played QB in high school but is listed as an "Athlete". by Rivals. Rumor is he may prefer offense as a slot receiver/wildcat position (no pun intended). I assume Northwestern is recruiting him to play offense.

Northwestern is making a strong push for Cameron Martinez, 4 star Michigan player of the year. Committed to OSU but will delay signing until February, OSU recruited him as a DB. Played QB in high school but is listed as an "Athlete". by Rivals. Rumor is he may prefer offense as a slot receiver/wildcat position (no pun intended). I assume Northwestern is recruiting him to play offense.
He was recruited as a WR, but OSU is dicking him around and hinting at a possible need to switch to DB (shocker!), so he is delaying signing.

I would hope you did. He missed the entire year with a torn ACL in the final game of the final year. Purdue was so injured this last year it wasn't funny. Ended up starting like 8 freshman. Heck, the offense that played NW had a senior TE and RG, junior tackle. Everyone else was underclassman.

Listen.. if you’re gonna represent us.. can you either tell me you’re from Eastern Europe or clean up the writing a little bit. I’m trying to go in on tucker and Tristan over here...

I’ll save you the suspense. It ain’t happening

Wow what an elitist prick you are... that’s all you two dollar pansies named “tathan” have ...

Northwestern football rules:

1. If we win, we rule
2. If we lose, the other team and their fans are our butlers

You’re proof that money can’t buy class. I’ll insult you .. not your players
Oh Jeez. Did I cross some line? Silly me. I will walk it back. This one is for you, my friend.

Hey you peanut-sucking baboon! How 'bout you take that razor wit of yours and cut yourself in your big toe so all that stale air in your head can ooze out from somewhere other than your mouth. School isn't over yet and I'll still take your lunch money. Better yet, I'll take your tailgate food from you and leave you with Ramen noodles, mint leaves, and one peanut for the rest of your afternoon. If you talk back I will slap your momma when I get home, make her take out my trash and mow my yard so she will have time to reflect on why she entered you into the gene pool. I'll stretch stretch your lower lip up over your face to the back of your head, then I'll give you a huge wedgey and tie your underwear to your lip so it will stay put. Don't worry though, I'll guide you back down to the trailer park by poking you with a stick.

AAAhha a ah ahha aha hahah ahahh. I'm YOUR wolf, Half-pint.

Listen.. if you’re gonna represent us.. can you either tell me you’re from Eastern Europe or clean up the writing a little bit. I’m trying to go in on tucker and Tristan over here...
I'm watching a pacers game and playing with my dogs. It's a forum. Not a job app or PhD paper... I'm just hear to talk big ten football because I truely enjoy it.

Besides, some people here seem to think Purdue is a bad program. Which isn't exactly true.

He was recruited as a WR, but OSU is dicking him around and hinting at a possible need to switch to DB (shocker!), so he is delaying signing.
Don't think OSU saw him as a need at WR considering they have Fleming, Gee, Njigba-Smith and Cooper already committed. All 4 WRs are in the Rivals top 50.

1) Quite the grasp of the English language you got there.

2) Are you trying sell Lorenzo Neal as a first rounder? After coming off an ACL?

3) You aren’t going to get much sympathy around here if you play the injury card. You basically played our second team defensive line and skill positions.

Don't think OSU saw him as a need at WR considering they have Fleming, Gee, Njigba-Smith and Cooper already committed. All 4 WRs are in the Rivals top 50.
They didn’t, but they told him what he wanted to hear.

Wow what an elitist prick you are... that’s all you two dollar pansies named “tathan” have ...

Northwestern football rules:

1. If we win, we rule
2. If we lose, the other team and their fans are our butlers

You’re proof that money can’t buy class. I’ll insult you .. not your players
As you’ve likely already learned, this forum is almost exclusively made up of insecure, smarmy tools, to the point that I used to think it was tongue in cheek. It is not.

Reactions: nugnrfan82
1) Quite the grasp of the English language you got there.

2) Are you trying sell Lorenzo Neal as a first rounder? After coming off an ACL?

3) You aren’t going to get much sympathy around here if you play the injury card. You basically played our second team defensive line and skill positions.
1. It's a forum. Ask me how hard I'm trying at Grammer.
2. Not selling him, saying what he was projected. Why can't he be at 100% next year?
3. You played purdues 4th string QB. 3rs string RB. Missing 4 WR's of various talents. Defense. Missing DT. Injured DT played. Best LB was hurt. Had 1 LB. 2nd LB was a DE 3 weeks earlier. DB was missing a couple.

He also happens to be pretty friendly with ARY.

As you’ve likely already learned, this forum is almost exclusively made up of insecure, smarmy tools, to the point that I used to think it was tongue in cheek. It is not.

Hey, who you calling smarmy?

1. It's a forum. Ask me how hard I'm trying at Grammer.
2. Not selling him, saying what he was projected. Why can't he be at 100% next year?
3. You played purdues 4th string QB. 3rs string RB. Missing 4 WR's of various talents. Defense. Missing DT. Injured DT played. Best LB was hurt. Had 1 LB. 2nd LB was a DE 3 weeks earlier. DB was missing a couple.

1) That’s a piss poor excuse.

2) No.

3) You played NU’s third string QB, a converted WR playing RB due to injury, fourth string RB, and literally our second and third defensive front. As stated previously, not gonna get a lot of sympathy playing the injury card.

He has Darrell Hazel holdovers making up the majority of his roster.

Its nice to know you are a fan of a program with some of the most losses in basketball and football in NCAA division 1 history. What an absolute steaming pile of excrement your AD is. No wonder you're bitter. I'd be too having to endure that garbage for years.

For a second I thought your screename was BetsyWetsy. LOL

Erik

Reactions: Gladeskat
1) That’s a piss poor excuse.

2) No.

3) You played NU’s third string QB, a converted WR playing RB due to injury, fourth string RB, and literally our second and third defensive front. As stated previously, not gonna get a lot of sympathy playing the injury card.
1. Ask me if I care.
2. Why can't he be 100% next year?

Some comments from one of the moderators on the OSU board concerning Martinez (Jeff Hafley is OSU's DB coach and co-defensive coordinator who was named new head coach at Boston College earlier this week):

- I believe Northwestern is the biggest threat right now to flip Martinez. I believe it's a combination of an interest in playing offense as well as the departure of Jeff Hafley. Hafley had really taken the Martinez recruitment over for the Buckeyes and I think had sold Cam on how he would fit into everything at Ohio State. It's not so much that Ohio State wouldn't let Martinez play offense, I believe they would, but if you just look at all of the receivers they have brought in, it's not as appealing of an option as defense given the current roster and incoming class.

Now there is obviously some doubt there with Hafley moving on and Martinez having some concerns about how he might fit in now without knowing who the secondary coach is going to be. Northwestern is also giving Martinez a bit of the Clark Phillips/Utah treatment of selling him as a program-changing type of player and even offering up the ability to play both ways.

- Ryan Day did not use his in-home visit with Martinez this past week so he will still have that at his disposal in January. He'll also be able to take his new hire with him, which will be important as they can meet with Cam and get to know him and give him some insight into how he fits into their vision for the defense.

Reactions: corbi296
1) Laziness is a pretty terrible excuse.

2) Big guys with bad knees get the biggest, reddest red flag for injuries.
Don't get called lazy to often, but it's usually message board people who think that. Glad my management thinks otherwise.

As for big guys and bad knees. Your right. ACL's aren't really major injuries anymore. Plenty of guys come back from ACL's and he is going to have 18 months to strengthen it. Not really worried. Him at 90% is a huge boost. Purdue will be a much improved team next year and Purdue is a program on the rise.

Don't get called lazy to often, but it's usually message board people who think that. Glad my management thinks otherwise.

As for big guys and bad knees. Your right. ACL's aren't really major injuries anymore. Plenty of guys come back from ACL's and he is going to have 18 months to strengthen it. Not really worried. Him at 90% is a huge boost. Purdue will be a much improved team next year and Purdue is a program on the rise.

Now you’re gonna play the “I’m a successful business guy” card? Pick a lane!

Can you walk me through how 7-6 (4-5) to 6-7 (5-4) to 4-8 (3-6) is a “program on the rise?”

Reactions: NUCat320
Exactly. Ross Ade is like an amusement park for children. They even have a sledgehammer-holding clown. It puts them ahead of Cawker City, Kansas and their world's largest bail of twine as a midwest entertainment attraction.

05twine3.JPG

Ahead? Even people in Indiana aren't interested in Purdue football.

To clear some things up, not all Purdue posters are stupid. You got the select few unfortunately.
First of all, Northwestern is a respectable program, and Fitzgerald is a good guy to watch, doesn’t take shit from anyone and I appreciate that.
Second Lorenzo Neal, the DT talked about, tore his ACL against IU the Saturday after thanksgiving in 2018. He had been projected as a first round draft pick for the 2019 NFL draft, up to as high as top 10. He didn’t play this year and is coming back to cement himself as recovered and effective in the eyes of the NFL.
Third, Brohm has us on the rise if you know anything about football. Building a program, and unfortunately it was a 2 steps forward 1 step back kind of first 3 years. But the talent level of the guys he is bringing in has not been seen around Purdue often. Give him time and if he keeps it up we should be a respectable program again.
Fourth, facilities at both schools are beautiful. Our stadium needs work, that’s obvious. And we are working on it. They have big plans and if the money comes through it should be one of the nicer stadiums in the big ten. Top half for sure.
As far as fan bases go, people care about Purdue football. That’s evident given our average attendance this year was in the 52,000 range if I remember correctly. Northwestern was around 41,000 from what I can find. So saying “people in Indiana don’t even care about Purdue football” seems a bit disingenuine.
Targeting the academics of Purdue is just dumb, we’re one of the top public schools consistently year after year and our athletes are no exception. Sindelar was an Electrical Engineering major, commonly thought of as Purdue’s most difficult. We had another player, Aaron Banks, in industrial engineering I believe, as well as serving as the President of the student body. Many many more are in engineering, business school, flight, athletic training, etc.
Finally, a receiver flip isn’t completely crazy to
imagine. Brohm’s offense isn’t much more receiver friendly than whatever the hell Northwestern tried to run this year and in the past too. No shame in that for Northwestern, you played in Lucas last year and we didn’t. But to moan on about all of this is incredibly short sighted for both fan bases.
I wish Northwestern the best any time they play a team other than Purdue

Last edited:
Now you’re gonna play the “I’m a successful business guy” card? Pick a lane!

Can you walk me through how 7-6 (4-5) to 6-7 (5-4) to 4-8 (3-6) is a “program on the rise?”
Where did I say anything about successful business man? Hint. I didn't.

If you knew anything about the program, yes. Hazells first class wasn't awful. Brohm won with it. Covered some things up in year 2/caught some breaks. Year 3 was going to be the worst year depth and talent wise. Injuries made it a lot worse. So much youth played though, it will pay off. Recruiting better than a lot of teams. If you want to think Purdue is a bottom tier program, keep thinking that, but your in for a ride awakening. This isn't the days of Darrell Hazell where they didn't care about winning. This is Purdue investing in a program and building toward winning the big ten west and ultimately more.

Where did I say anything about successful business man? Hint. I didn't.

If you knew anything about the program, yes. Hazells first class wasn't awful. Brohm won with it. Covered some things up in year 2/caught some breaks. Year 3 was going to be the worst year depth and talent wise. Injuries made it a lot worse. So much youth played though, it will pay off. Recruiting better than a lot of teams. If you want to think Purdue is a bottom tier program, keep thinking that, but your in for a ride awakening. This isn't the days of Darrell Hazell where they didn't care about winning. This is Purdue investing in a program and building toward winning the big ten west and ultimately more.

Good luck with that.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT