ADVERTISEMENT

Scholarships

clarificationcat

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
I don’t know how last year’s recruiting class will work out but I am not sure if it made sense to give scholarships to two smallish guards in the same class. If we give Smith a scholarship, we have one scholarship for a transfer. Unless you have a high confidence level with the recruits, it might be better these days to leave more scholarships for transfers.

Reactions: drewjin
I don’t know how last year’s recruiting class will work out but I am not sure if it made sense to give scholarships to two smallish guards in the same class. If we give Smith a scholarship, we have one scholarship for a transfer. Unless you have a high confidence level with the recruits, it might be better these days to leave more scholarships for transfers.
I would bet good money that we have a transfer or two. I really hope it’s not from the core. I can see Clayton transferring down to Mac level to become a bigger contributor. I can see any of our mysteriously missing frosh leaving - perhaps having said something months ago when they weren’t getting the minutes they felt entitled to (would explain their absence in this injury riddled period).

But if nobody transfers, then we only have one real need. MN and Hunger got the 5. Mart backed by Barkley on the 4. Barney the 3. Berry the 2.

Leaves the Smith, Mullins and Clayton plus current and incoming frosh to fight for back up minutes among 1 to 3. That’s some solid known depth backed with some decent unknown talents.

Transfer = best PG we can get.

If MN does have a complete tear Achilles, I can see him not returning. In that case, that schollie should go seek another surly giant.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT