ADVERTISEMENT

Shouldn’t we be hearing about transfers fairly soon?

Sorry MIke, but your response is short because what he said was irrefutable. So, you predictably, simply throw garbage back at the wall of words hoping that something sticks. Unfortunately, you have used all those lines longer than I have been b1tching and so the ring hollow.

Facts= garbage? Got it, good talk as always!

You have an excellent memory. I went back and looked at that roster. NU had just 10 scholarship players that season. They finished 7th in the B1G, with an 8-10 conference record. That will be an interesting benchmark for the 2019-20 team, which has the two best ever recruiting classes and likely the same number of scholarship players when the transfer dust settles. Thanks for reminding us.

How could I forget it? Back when I was a Carmody nut-hugger before people confronted me on this board with the actual facts during the Carmody/CC board wars and I changed my mind (thanks, guys!), the near-constant complaint on here while he was coach was that our bench seemed so terribly short year after year after year...

So, by having 10 scholarship players, when three became unavailable, they were still able to field a 7 man rotation. Which is something often done in college basketball.

Let's see - a 9 man scholarship team suffering a similar fate of three guys down would have six to play with. Doable. Not advisable nor likely a good game. But hey, it will be the hardest working, best character six guys out there making us proud - well, except for getting their collective butts kicked in...but who cares, it's not like they are there to compete in some silly game anyway.

Except it is MAY. BC intentionally had 10 scholarship players to START THE SEASON. Want to wager that we will have more than 10 scholarship players to start the season? 'll take more than 10, you take 10 or less. Board ban for a year; qtc.

Btw, does mikes endless rainbows and unicorns routine get old? How about gcg and his bashing routine?

Lots of schticks around here. Wrassler.

Dude, when a guy who literally has the nickname "Willywhiner" says you're being too critical of the program, it might be time to reassess...

Let me shorten it.

Criticism is tolerated...even embraced.

Obsession with criticism because that's your point of view gets pushback.

If that's viewed as "attacking" then perhaps a little self reflection would be good.

Can I "like" this more than once?

No, push back is discussion. But when folks around here start making it personal - I'm thinking back to the Va v Doc wars - well, Doc is gone. And some traffic with him.

I'm happy to self reflect....all done and still feel good about this place. I can get frustrated, like many of you, and reflect it in my posts. I can get personal, like many have with me - but I'm thick skinned.

I don't know Comet, as one example, but Mike's very old BC routine now being applied to him is boring. And if he becomes offended and goes away - some traffic with go with it.

Party on Wayne - I'm still having fun.

You think that Doc took traffic with him when he was booted? You are absolutely delusional, imo. He was the most hated poster here and traffic likely INCREASED when we no longer had to put up with his passive-aggressive nonsense.

It's fairly obvious that Comet is a troll when you read his posts. Hence my ongoing joke about Carmody, which he never complains about since he KNOWS he is trolling..

Facts= garbage? Got it, good talk as always!

A. Your schtick response is part fact and part opinion
2. Your facts are non-responsive to the OP

Sun will rise in the east tomorrow. That’s a fact. Guess I win.

Except it is MAY. BC intentionally had 10 scholarship players to START THE SEASON. Want to wager that we will have more than 10 scholarship players to start the season? 'll take more than 10, you take 10 or less. Board ban for a year; qtc.

Nope, but if there was a way to define legit B!G schollies players, then yes. I expect Malnati will get a schollies. And who knows what projects or reaches will be brought in to fill the roster. Maybe we make the bet based on stats of those players?

A. Your schtick response is part fact and part opinion
2. Your facts are non-responsive to the OP

Sun will rise in the east tomorrow. That’s a fact. Guess I win.

Point out the non-facts in us making the Dance, winning a game in the Dance, CC being the fastest coach to 100 wins, and CC having two consecutive top-50 recruiting classes, I'll wait.

You think that Doc took traffic with him when he was booted? You are absolutely delusional, imo. He was the most hated poster here and traffic likely INCREASED when we no longer had to put up with his passive-aggressive nonsense.

It's fairly obvious that Comet is a troll when you read his posts. Hence my ongoing joke about Carmody, which he never complains about since he KNOWS he is trolling..

Ah yes, the ole subjective definition of troll. Ranks up there with real fan. Really moves the needle.

Nope, but if there was a way to define legit B!G schollies players, then yes. I expect Malnati will get a schollies. And who knows what projects or reaches will be brought in to fill the roster. Maybe we make the bet based on stats of those players?

Huh? Either you are on scholarship or you're not! You're statement seemed to indicate that you were convinced that we would somehow start the season with 9 scholarship players, so having the bet o/u be at 10 appeared to be a gift...

I'm not contorting anything. It is FREAKIN' MAY! MAY!

And to answer your question, CC would have to not make the Dance like Carmody didn't, and not recruit two top-50 classes in a row like Carmody didn't, and win 100 games less quickly than Carmody did... see where I am going here? If you can't, I will use a simple two-word phrase so that you get the point-- Carmody sucks.

Point out the non-facts in us making the Dance, winning a game in the Dance, CC being the fastest coach to 100 wins, and CC having two consecutive top-50 recruiting classes, I'll wait.

Carmody sucks. That was the part you forgot. That’s opinion, proceeded by non-responsive facts. Sun will still rise in the east and so I still win. Fact is a fact.

Huh? Either you are on scholarship or you're not! You're statement seemed to indicate that you were convinced that we would somehow start the season with 9 scholarship players, so having the bet o/u be at 10 appeared to be a gift...

That was an opinion. I see you struggle with the notion. But great, no bet. Let’s see what occupies the bench. Bet you if more than ten schollies, you will hear a ton from me about their quality. That every time you cite a top 50 recruiting class, I will point you to them. I can live with that potential. These Golden schollie recipients.

Ah yes, the ole subjective definition of troll. Ranks up there with real fan. Really moves the needle.

Not subjective at all, See the quite objective Urban dictionary definition. Comet achieved his usually objective--see how many posters took the bait and attempted to respond him seriously?

All I do it try to have a little fun with him...zero chance he gets offended enough about it to leave this board, since, unlike you he gets what trolling is.

You should learn from him, imo, and stop taking things so seriously...

Trolling
Trolling – (verb), as it relates to internet, is the deliberate act, (by a Troll – noun or adjective), of making random unsolicited and/or controversial comments on various internet forums with the intent to provoke an emotional knee jerk reaction from unsuspecting readers to engage in a fight or argument
Trolling on-line forums as described above is actually analogous to the fishing technique of “trolling”, where colorful baits and lures are pulled behind a slow moving boat, often with multiple fishing lines, covering a large bodies of water, such as a large lake or the ocean. The trolling lures attract unsuspecting fish, intriguing them with the way they move through the water, thus enticing these foolish fish to “take the bait”. Not unlike unsuspecting internet victims, once hooked, the fish are reeled in for the catch before they realize they have been duped by the Troll/Fisherman

That was an opinion. I see you struggle with the notion. But great, no bet. Let’s see what occupies the bench. Bet you if more than ten schollies, you will hear a ton from me about their quality. That every time you cite a top 50 recruiting class, I will point you to them. I can live with that potential. These Golden schollie recipients.

Somehow only can you could spin the unprecedented recruiting classes we have had over the past two seasons as a negative. Do you want us to recruit lower-ranked players of something? Actually, we tried that strategy when Carmody was coach..

Carmody sucks. That was the part you forgot. That’s opinion, proceeded by non-responsive facts. Sun will still rise in the east and so I still win. Fact is a fact.

"Carmody sucks" is an inside running joke with that particular poster. Notice how he doesn't complain about it?

Not subjective at all, See the quite objective Urban dictionary definition. Comet achieved his usually objective--see how many posters took the bait and attempted to respond him seriously?

All I do it try to have a little fun with him...zero chance he gets offended enough about it to leave this board, since, unlike you he gets what trolling is.

You should learn from him, imo, and stop taking things so seriously...

Trolling
Trolling – (verb), as it relates to internet, is the deliberate act, (by a Troll – noun or adjective), of making random unsolicited and/or controversial comments on various internet forums with the intent to provoke an emotional knee jerk reaction from unsuspecting readers to engage in a fight or argument
Trolling on-line forums as described above is actually analogous to the fishing technique of “trolling”, where colorful baits and lures are pulled behind a slow moving boat, often with multiple fishing lines, covering a large bodies of water, such as a large lake or the ocean. The trolling lures attract unsuspecting fish, intriguing them with the way they move through the water, thus enticing these foolish fish to “take the bait”. Not unlike unsuspecting internet victims, once hooked, the fish are reeled in for the catch before they realize they have been duped by the Troll/Fisherman

Um, yeah, not accepting the Urban dictionary as the godspell for definitions.

And I’m am having fun - remember the self reflection post you quoted?

Somehow only can you could spin the unprecedented recruiting classes we have had over the past two seasons as a negative. Do you want us to recruit lower-ranked players of something? Actually, we tried that strategy when Carmody was coach..

Spin nothing. Stars in recruiting are overrated per Glades, the accepted authority. I want to see some star players. But here you go changing the narrative away from the roster fillers for next year.

Gotta go to bed. Got an early day tomorrow. Night Mike

Spin nothing. Stars in recruiting are overrated per Glades, the accepted authority. I want to see some star players. But here you go changing the narrative away from the roster fillers for next year.

Gotta go to bed. Got an early day tomorrow. Night Mike

Goodnight sir!

No bet? Your new handle must have grown on you? Seems like you have nothing to lose on a screen wager name bet.

Hope you two table this back and forth until we have an official roster for 2019-2020.

Well we are now at 10 so one more )even if it is giving Malnotti a scholly and you win your "bet"

Reactions: mikewebb68
Well we are now at 10 so one more )even if it is giving Malnotti a scholly and you win your "bet"

I didn’t take his bet. But the problem is that we still face nine eligible guys for next year. If I had bet mike, this one would have pissed me off because it would address player shortage next year yet would have technically been another schollie on the team. Shows the importance of details and why I do better booking bets than making them.

I didn’t take his bet. But the problem is that we still face nine eligible guys for next year. If I had bet mike, this one would have pissed me off because it would address player shortage next year yet would have technically been another schollie on the team. Shows the importance of details and why I do better booking bets than making them.
And as he said, it is MAY. Last couple years we didn't really play that many (and last year even our walkons were unavailable) so if they remain healthy, not that much of a problem, provided they are BIG material.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT