ADVERTISEMENT

Siemian to start against the Falcons...

Katatonic

Oct 23, 2004
Not really a surprise.

Atlanta has a stout run D, so expect a lot of short to intermediate passes (including to Kamara, who is the only dynamic playmaker the Saints have with Thomas out, unless Hill lines up as a TE which is risky considering that he's coming off a major concussion).

Still need to run it with Kamara and Ingram to keep the D honest, and to take a few shots down-field with PA.

Of course, bozos like Cowherd are dismissing Trevor by just taking a superficial look at his nos with the Broncos, not taking into account his youth/inexperience at the time, bad O-line, no run game, no TE or slot receiver, bad OC (McCoy, 2nd season), much less playing thru his painful shoulder injury.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheC and NU Houston
Not really a surprise.

Atlanta has a stout run D, so expect a lot of short to intermediate passes (including to Kamara, who is the only dynamic playmaker the Saints have with Thomas out, unless Hill lines up as a TE which is risky considering that he's coming off a major concussion).

Still need to run it with Kamara and Ingram to keep the D honest, and to take a few shots down-field with PA.

Of course, bozos like Cowherd are dismissing Trevor by just taking a superficial look at his nos with the Broncos, not taking into account his youth/inexperience at the time, bad O-line, no run game, no TE or slot receiver, bad OC (McCoy, 2nd season), much less playing thru his painful shoulder injury.

i have always felt that with a reasonable surrounding cast Trevor could be a very good NFL QB. He’s never had it and because he was a low round pick he was never given a big runway to succeed. Saints don’t have a good cast either but let’s hope Sean Peyton can see the talent in Trevor and help him make the most of it

Reactions: Hungry Jack
F yeah! Go get another win Trevor! All of your purple brethren are cheering for you.

Geaux Saints!

i have always felt that with a reasonable surrounding cast Trevor could be a very good NFL QB. He’s never had it and because he was a low round pick he was never given a big runway to succeed. Saints don’t have a good cast either but let’s hope Sean Peyton can see the talent in Trevor and help him make the most of it

Think having a good O-line, RB and OC/HC gives Trevor a better chance to succeed than a bad O-line, no run game and a bad OC (McCoy) which he had in Denver (2nd season starting); having 2 good down the field receivers aren't enough to make up for that as opposing teams would just bracket them (plus, either Thomas or Sanders were hurt for a good part).

Would sure help tho if the Saints were able to get OBJ.

Clayton Thorson to Green Bay? I thought his career was over after he got hurt in the Giants final preseason game.....

With Aaron Rodgers and Kurt Benkert on the COVID-19 reserve list, the Packers worked out quarterbacks Clayton Thorson and Danny Etling on Friday, Field Yates of ESPN reports.

The Giants cut Thorson Aug. 16 after he lost the No. 3 job to Brian Lewerke.

Thorson has bounced around the NFC East since the Eagles drafted him in the fifth round in 2019. He has spent time with the Eagles, Giants and Cowboys but has never played a regular-season game.

Because of interest in TS, I watched most of Denver's games in 2016 and 2017. TS threw accurate passes but his life was in danger behind the Denver OL.

He looked rusty last week but lets hope he performs well tomorrow. I still hate Myles Garrett for the cheap shots he delivered to TS in 2019. The late hit that fractured TS' ankle should have resulted in a suspension. I still advocate blind side cut blocks on Garrett's knees

Reactions: rmndcat
Correction - either the source was wrong or had misread it.

The Falcons run D is smack right in the middle when it comes to YPC given up, so the Saints should able to run it.

Their pass rush is middling at best as well, so TS should have time to find an open receiver.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT