ADVERTISEMENT

Spanos to replace Hooten

I find this interesting on a couple of levels

1. We promoted from within, what was wrong with his boss then?

2. If there was any group of coaches or staffers who know about the hazing it would have been strength and conditioning

Yet, promotion from within.

Hmm
S&C has been a weakness after having been a strength.

2. If there was any group of coaches or staffers who know about the hazing it would have been strength and conditioning

Hmm
because somebody is not telling the truth

At least we know our guys will be better dancers going forward!
I actually took ballet, jazz and gymnastics as a kid. (Mom was big in musical theater) But I credit those classes a lot for my coordination and lack of major injuries (never broke a bone til over 40).

Reactions: drewjin
I actually took ballet, jazz and gymnastics as a kid. (Mom was big in musical theater) But I credit those classes a lot for my coordination and lack of major injuries (never broke a bone til over 40).
Stephen Colbert Slow Clap GIF

• Haha
Reactions: IGNORE2

Hmm
I assume Spanos got the job through a competitive interview process, and it was not *handed* to him.

That said, development of the offensive line has been such a struggle for this program; Wisconsin and Iowa are the gold standards for ”making” linemen through five years of development, and NU hasn’t done that. With that in mind, I’m surprised (disappointed?) that Spanos was the best candidate that NU could find.

I hope that some outside eyes are also coming in to that department. This is one of those decisions that typically lasts multiple years, given there’s a new head coach.

I assume Spanos got the job through a competitive interview process, and it was not *handed* to him.

That said, development of the offensive line has been such a struggle for this program; Wisconsin and Iowa are the gold standards for ”making” linemen through five years of development, and NU hasn’t done that. With that in mind, I’m surprised (disappointed?) that Spanos was the best candidate that NU could find.

I hope that some outside eyes are also coming in to that department. This is one of those decisions that typically lasts multiple years, given there’s a new head coach.

So you don’t trust Braun?

• Haha
Reactions: NUCat320
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT