ADVERTISEMENT

Swanigan to Purdue?

I would think that Purdue would be less of a viable option for Benson if Haas and Swanigan are there for the next couple of years. The problem for NU is that 5-6 Big 10 schools along with a number of schools from the power conferences have also offered Benson. If he wants minutes as a freshman, you would think NU's chances got a little better.

If Purdue signs Caleb Swanigan, they become a top 10-15 team and a serious contender for the Big 10 title. What is Painter and Purdue doing to attract all of these big guys? Just asking.

I would think that Purdue would be less of a viable option for Benson if Haas and Swanigan are there for the next couple of years. The problem for NU is that 5-6 Big 10 schools along with a number of schools from the power conferences have also offered Benson. If he wants minutes as a freshman, you would think NU's chances got a little better.

If Purdue signs Caleb Swanigan, they become a top 10-15 team and a serious contender for the Big 10 title. What is Painter and Purdue doing to attract all of these big guys? Just asking.
Probably taking a cue from new Cubs manager, Joe Maddon and plying them with "boilermakers".

Not a Purdue fan but winning any going to the NCAA tournament is a big thing with big time players. NU is still one of only five divion 1 schools in the history of the NCAA tourney to have never played in it. You combine that with a ball facility that would be an average facility at a lot of Indiana HS gyms and it is not hard to see why the big time players do not look at NU.
To make matters even worse for NU next year, the Big Ten is going to be the strongest it has been next year with a good possibility of at least seven teams going to tourney. NU is going to struggle to get as high as nonetheless place next year

Not a Purdue fan but winning any going to the NCAA tournament is a big thing with big time players. NU is still one of only five divion 1 schools in the history of the NCAA tourney to have never played in it. You combine that with a ball facility that would be an average facility at a lot of Indiana HS gyms and it is not hard to see why the big time players do not look at NU.
To make matters even worse for NU next year, the Big Ten is going to be the strongest it has been next year with a good possibility of at least seven teams going to tourney. NU is going to struggle to get as high as nonetheless place next year

Such insight. Do you work for ESPN? Could you tell me who our coach is related to, or if we are "just outside of Chicago" or not?

Purdue was not a destination school for big guys until recently. The question is why? Could it be that Matt Painter was feeling the heat after finishing in last place in the Big 10 two years ago?

I think you're right. Next year the Big Ten will be the strongest it has been next year.

And, I'd settle for nonetheless place. I think regardless place should be the stretch goal, though.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT