ADVERTISEMENT

FB RECRUITING Talked to official visitor Justin Cryer

mikefitz77

Gold Member
Jul 12, 2020
I just got off the phone with three-star linebacker Justin Cryer who recapped his visit to NU this past weekend...

- He couldn't say enough about how nice the facilities are. "Best in the country; pictures don't do it justice."
- The trip to Wrigley was "life-changing"... he loves baseball and seeing Wrigley in person was a bucket list item.
- Ashton Porter is his cousin, which I didn't know.
- They want to play together in college and teaming up at Northwestern is all they've been able to talk about since the visit... "Ashton loved it."
- Said he loves the tight-knit nature of the team at NU. Other teams are divided by position a lot, but everyone is friends at Northwestern.
- His one-on-one time with Coach O'Neil was one of the highlights of the visit. O'Neil showed Cryer his own film side by side with former 49ers linebacker Navorro Bowman, who was Cryer's favorite player growing up. Seeing that the coaches think he can play at that level was a really cool moment for him.
- Coach McGarigle says he sees Cryer as "a more athletic Paddy Fisher."
- He doesn't have any more visits scheduled and he's not sure if he'll schedule any more since he's not sure they can match Northwestern.
- And the big quote... "right now Northwestern's No. 1 definitely"

He said he could make a decision as early as tomorrow. I'm not in the "I predict..." game, but Fitz and Ayeni are going down to Texas on Wednesday and I think they'll be coming home with a new linebacker.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News