ADVERTISEMENT

That was annoying.... but hardly devestating

wildcatcoaster

Oct 27, 2003
Winning at Wisconsin with the usual iffy refs was going to be a Herculean challenge. We didn't shoot well and faded down the stretch. Disappointing but not fatal to our chances to make the tourney.

Also not like we were one shot or play away not not that many what ifs which makes it more palatable.

3-2 and holding serve at home, we should be just fine.

But gotta win the next two.

NU finally showed they can compete with UW with the tie. That close, that late and the game can go either way. Then there is that home court advantage and UW showed some poise and had some good luck. UW showed how to be #15.

Second game taking a half to start competing. NU needs to get over that.

Looking forward to NU's home court advantage Wednesday.

A real benchmark will be the Illinois game at home the 24th. Since the blowout in Champaign, the Cats have changed their rotation at center, worked on playing out of double teams on Buie, and tweaked their defensive traps. I don’t think they will beat them, but I do expect a much closer game.

NU finally showed they can compete with UW with the tie. That close, that late and the game can go either way. Then there is that home court advantage and UW showed some poise and had some good luck. UW showed how to be #15.

Second game taking a half to start competing. NU needs to get over that.

Looking forward to NU's home court advantage Wednesday.
I see a lot of toughness in this team. They fight. They don't fold. The talents are not always there, but the fight is. I like that.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT