ADVERTISEMENT

The departed

On the last game of the season, after having played in 8, averaging 3.4 minutes, Pete Nance scored his first points in the NBA.

Bright future when he averaged 100% from 3 for the season.

Last edited:
Reactions: EagerFan and DaCat
I know he’s not an NU departed, but former “person of interest” on this board Patrick Baldwin Jr got a chance to play a lot at the end of the year with the dismal Wizards and averaged 16.5 points and 9 rebounds over his last 4 games. Not sure if he’ll be in an NBA rotation next year though.

Miller Kopp is a champ.

That's right, you heard it correctly. G League champ. Did not really play in the finals, but he's a champ.

Miller Kopp is a champ.

That's right, you heard it correctly. G League champ. Did not really play in the finals, but he's a champ.
Audige and Kopp in the G-League, Nance getting a sniff of the NBA, Buie playing somewhere next year...

Throw in Robbie Beran and thats our starting 5 for the Covid season 2020-21.

Reactions: EagerFan
Audige and Kopp in the G-League, Nance getting a sniff of the NBA, Buie playing somewhere next year...

Throw in Robbie Beran and thats our starting 5 for the Covid season 2020-21.
There’s a lot to be said for 4th and 5th year guards. Audige and Buie were still pretty raw that year. Stanford had 2 top 50 freshmen guards and some other good pieces and they still stunk this year.

COVID bonus year and a medical redshirt. EVERYBODY got the COVID bonus year.
‘20-21 didn’t count in the eyes of the NCAA, but if you didn’t play that year you aren’t supposed to get it back (this is why the Ivy guys didn’t get the extra year). But, it looks like Lathon was ineligible in ‘20-21 after transferring to UWM so maybe in that case the NCAA did grant the Covid year to him because he didn’t voluntarily sit out the season (or play for a team that voluntarily sat out). I’m not sure how else he gets the extra year.

‘20-21 didn’t count in the eyes of the NCAA, but if you didn’t play that year you aren’t supposed to get it back (this is why the Ivy guys didn’t get the extra year). But, it looks like Lathon was ineligible in ‘20-21 after transferring to UWM so maybe in that case the NCAA did grant the Covid year to him because he didn’t voluntarily sit out the season (or play for a team that voluntarily sat out). I’m not sure how else he gets the extra year.
He was a redshirt for 20-21, but redshirts still practice with the team and still had to suffer through the crappy COVID protocols with the rest of their teammates. Then in 2021 the NCAA got rid of the waiting period for first-time transfers.

The Ivy League just canceled the season, so they didn't play a season under the COVID protocols. If the Ivy League had played, then Ryan Langborg would've played his fifth season for us.

He was a redshirt for 20-21, but redshirts still practice with the team and still had to suffer through the crappy COVID protocols with the rest of their teammates. Then in 2021 the NCAA got rid of the waiting period for first-time transfers.

The Ivy League just canceled the season, so they didn't play a season under the COVID protocols. If the Ivy League had played, then Ryan Langborg would've played his fifth season for us.
Actually I don't think so.
The NCAA said they wouldn't count the 2020-21 season against anyone's 4 years of eligibility.
So had Langborg played or not played that year, he was still out of eligibility.

Of course that isn't stopping a handful of players from suing the NCAA, declaring (on their own) that everybody was given 5 years of eligibility because of Covid. If they get a moron for a judge, they'll probably win.

Actually I don't think so.
The NCAA said they wouldn't count the 2020-21 season against anyone's 4 years of eligibility.
So had Langborg played or not played that year, he was still out of eligibility.

Of course that isn't stopping a handful of players from suing the NCAA, declaring (on their own) that everybody was given 5 years of eligibility because of Covid. If they get a moron for a judge, they'll probably win.
The fact is they're giving Lathon his 5th year.

The fact is they're giving Lathon his 5th year.
Are you sure about that?

My guess is he is applying the same (ridiculous) logic that a few others have applied (Chris Ledlum, etc) and simply entering the portal as if he has another year of eligibility because he has only played 4 seasons and others played 5. Basically making up his own rule.

Can you cite a news source that confirms that the NCAA granted him a 5th year? Because both UW-Milwaukee and Morehead State's websites said he was done after this past season.

Are you sure about that?

My guess is he is applying the same (ridiculous) logic that a few others have applied (Chris Ledlum, etc) and simply entering the portal as if he has another year of eligibility because he has only played 4 seasons and others played 5. Basically making up his own rule.

Can you cite a news source that confirms that the NCAA granted him a 5th year? Because both UW-Milwaukee and Morehead State's websites said he was done after this past season.
No, I don't have any news articles. Who can enter the Portal? Can people without eligibility enter the Portal? Can I enter the Portal?

No, I don't have any news articles. Who can enter the Portal? Can people without eligibility enter the Portal? Can I enter the Portal?

Well two guys from St John's (Ledlum and some other guy) entered the portal when everybody thought their 4 years of eligibility was used up. They're suing the NCAA because they were not allowed to play Ivy League basketball in 2020-21, claiming this somehow cheated them out of NIL money, which didn't exist at that time.

So I guess anybody who was on a roster last year is allowed to enter the portal - other than the guys who have played 5 years already.

Jared Coleman-Jones goes into the portal in the middle of Tennessee and emerges at San Diego State!

“That’s one of the reasons I committed here, the emphasis on defense,” said Coleman-Jones, who attended high school in Georgia, played one year at Northwestern and then three at Middle Tennessee. “To hear Coach say, ‘If you guard, I’m not worried about anything else. I want you to guard,’ I’m excited about that. I’m excited to expand my game and truly, intentionally guard people.”

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT