ADVERTISEMENT

The one dark spot

Clayton has to get better, we all agree.

Backcourt can be fixed and a few options, Brooks goes back to point, Ty played point, we have freshmen point coming in, maybe Clayton/Strauss get developed and the portal

NU get killed on the board currently. They sat Hunger against Illinois case the game was to physical. How is NU going to compete with bigs in the league next year.

As bad as Clayton is, when Ty picked up two fouls, he went in the game. When MN needed a break, they went to Preston.

For me I want to see how Hunger plays against Rutgers, they pound the boards. Will Collins go to him?

I don't really see Hunger as somehow not being physical enough. He's a really solid, big guy. He does alright on the boards.

I think what Collins probably meant was "Luke's not good at switching, he's not the post defender that Nicholson is and we're concerned that Illinois will carve us up if he is out there at the 5."

Of course, if we want to take a look at Hunger playing the 4... oh never mind.

Backcourt can be fixed and a few options, Brooks goes back to point, Ty played point, we have freshmen point coming in, maybe Clayton/Strauss get developed and the portal

NU get killed on the board currently. They sat Hunger against Illinois case the game was to physical. How is NU going to compete with bigs in the league next year.

As bad as Clayton is, when Ty picked up two fouls, he went in the game. When MN needed a break, they went to Preston.

For me I want to see how Hunger plays against Rutgers, they pound the boards. Will Collins go to him?
The big difference is Hunger appears ultra confident and Clayton doesn’t have any confidence at all. I suspect they both will improve a lot.

One problem w BB on point is that he will draw a different defender that probably makes it much tougher to get the ball up. Right now, he is drawing the 3 or 4. The 1 and 2 are on Berry and Lang when Boo is off the floor.

Need to have a viable PG on the floor to make it easy for BB to bring the ball up. And Berry is not a great ball handler either. In a pinch or for a couple possessions - but if he has the 1 or 2 defending him, it will be a contest.

One problem w BB on point is that he will draw a different defender that probably makes it much tougher to get the ball up. Right now, he is drawing the 3 or 4. The 1 and 2 are on Berry and Lang when Boo is off the floor.

Need to have a viable PG on the floor to make it easy for BB to bring the ball up. And Berry is not a great ball handler either. In a pinch or for a couple possessions - but if he has the 1 or 2 defending him, it will be a contest.
Agree that Ty is not a great ball handler for a guard.

I talked to Hunger for a few minutes after OSU. He is not afraid of anything on the court. Love his attitude.
I heard from a pretty good source that his first impression of Hunger was that he was way too cocky - like annoyingly so - such that he wasn't really likable. But this guy said he realized eventually that Luke is just very confident in his abilities.

Thats why I have zero concerns about his physicality. I think he'd embrace the challenge. He has a Big Ten body.

Just want him to try to stay on Nicholson's good side - friction there wouldnt help.

• Wow
Reactions: drewjin
I heard from a pretty good source that his first impression of Hunger was that he was way too cocky - like annoyingly so - such that he wasn't really likable. But this guy said he realized eventually that Luke is just very confident in his abilities.

Thats why I have zero concerns about his physicality. I think he'd embrace the challenge. He has a Big Ten body.

Just want him to try to stay on Nicholson's good side - friction there wouldnt help.
He’s got the frame, but he’s not exactly chiseled. I’d like to see him get some visible strength.

I have no idea why, because they they're not alike in any way, but for some reason when I see Luke Hunger I think of Heath Ledger.

• Wow
Reactions: PurpleWhiteBoy
The big difference is Hunger appears ultra confident and Clayton doesn’t have any confidence at all. I suspect they both will improve a lot.
Hunger was hear last year even though injured, Clayton just got here. Also different positions. Not fair to really compare them

Hunger has all the confidence in the world, no don't about that.

But he is not physical and that is what is needed,

eh he's French

• Haha
Reactions: Hungry Jack
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT