ADVERTISEMENT

To whomever manages the NET rankings

I really don’t get why the metrics hates us so much. I don’t care to learn but it’s total bullshit.
It’s all the early season games against truly terrible teams weighing us down. Those were close wins against the likes of Indiana, those were close wins against truly dreadful opponents.

FYI we did move up four spots in the NET after last night. I also find it a little frustrating we seem to lag in the net by 6-10 spots compared to the others, but our resumé speaks for itself at this point.

Reactions: IGNORE2 and phatcat
I know it's hard to separate the out-of-conference stuff, but I'd like to see ratings for just the calendar year of 2024. NU drops Chicago State and some of the other shaky non-conference games, but they also drop Purdue and Dayton from their numbers. Maybe NU is a top 20 team in 2024, as befits a team in the top 3 in this conference.

I know it's hard to separate the out-of-conference stuff, but I'd like to see ratings for just the calendar year of 2024. NU drops Chicago State and some of the other shaky non-conference games, but they also drop Purdue and Dayton from their numbers. Maybe NU is a top 20 team in 2024, as befits a team in the top 3 in this conference.
I’m not sure I agree 100% with you but you do have a good point. Teams evolve over the course of the season, and somehow the recent games should be weighed more than games three months ago. Call it recency bias at its best.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT