ADVERTISEMENT

Transfers and NIL

NJCat

Gold Member
Mar 8, 2016
North Carolina
Interesting piece in The Athletic today about the market value for hoops transfers. According to several anonymous agents, the going rate for a starter is $200-300,000, for an all-league caliber potential player $500,000+. Boo was almost certainly a bargain last season. He left a lot on the table to stay at NU.

Interesting piece in The Athletic today about the market value for hoops transfers. According to several anonymous agents, the going rate for a starter is $200-300,000, for an all-league caliber potential player $500,000+. Boo was almost certainly a bargain last season. He left a lot on the table to stay at NU.

How much do you think he was paid?

I think the numbers are way higher this year. Louisville, Arkansas, Memphis, Kentucky keep getting into bidding wars and paying unreal amounts (according to rumors anyway).

Four schools that apparently take their past basketball prowess seriously.

That was an interesting read. That's some crazy money to a kid like me. But it looks like the kind of money that might make the vast majority of players decide to play all four years before washing out of the draft. It's certainly a lot more money than you can get starting anywhere outside of the NBA (playing basketball obv.)

That was an interesting read. That's some crazy money to a kid like me. But it looks like the kind of money that might make the vast majority of players decide to play all four years before washing out of the draft. It's certainly a lot more money than you can get starting anywhere outside of the NBA (playing basketball obv.)
Besides lottery picks you really have an incentive to stay all 4 years.

So is it not too wild to assume that our incoming transfers (Leach, Fitzmorris) got some sort of NIL deal, as well as each returning upperclassman starter? (Berry, Barnhizer, Nicholson, Martinelli)

Reactions: CoralSpringsCat
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT