ADVERTISEMENT

TrueNU: Our NIL Collective (Led by now former DFO Jacob Schmidt)

gocatsgo2003

Gold Member
Mar 30, 2006
Our NIL collective is officially up and running, helmed by (now former) DFO Jacob Schmidt. He just put this up on his LinkedIn:

After 16 seasons directly affiliated with Northwestern Football, I am leaving the program. Over 100 wins, 10 bowl games and countless lessons learned, I am forever grateful to Coach Fitz for the opportunity to walk-on 15 years ago. I will forever bleed purple!

While bittersweet, I am beyond excited to take over as Executive Director of TrueNU, a non-profit alumni collective designed to directly support all NU athletes through NIL. The future of college athletics is here so what better way to embrace it than by supporting our athletes and programs while doing good in the community.

Surely more details to come, but glad we are at least active in the NIL collective game now.

Note that this is different than previous NU NIL endeavors, which were much more about matching players to opportunities. This is explicitly about an alumni collective to set up those deals to support NU athletes.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News