ADVERTISEMENT

TrueNU trying to get back on track to help NU compete in transfer market

Please explain NIL

Are players paid to transfer? Do current players on the team get paid to play? Who pays them> The school or donors?

In the article
"As a result, the organization is forecasted to miss its Year 1 goal of raising $3 million by a substantial margin"

Is that money from donors? Is it spent to pay people to help recruit players and sign them.?

Thanks for any info,

I think if gragg was let go that would boost donations

If Schill was let go. Another boost.

Sadly, I’m not seeing that handwriting anymore.

No, they are being paid for their name, image, and likeness.
What we get in Oklahoma are TV commercials with some kid wandering around the sales floor of a car dealership carrying a football for no particular reason. Since they can’t mention their school’s name, the ad spots become somewhat amusing.

”Hi! I’m Joe Schmoe, football player. Whenever I need a new Chevy, I always head down to….”

Last edited:
Reactions: FeralFelidae
Please explain NIL

Are players paid to transfer? Do current players on the team get paid to play? Who pays them> The school or donors?

In the article
"As a result, the organization is forecasted to miss its Year 1 goal of raising $3 million by a substantial margin"

Is that money from donors? Is it spent to pay people to help recruit players and sign them.?

Thanks for any info,
It's a little mysterious but something like this. The player is at a level that there is financial competition to get him (recruit or transfer). The school cannot directly pay. Boosters set up these NIL organizations to collect money through donations and pay the kids ostensibly for advertising or some other considerations. Large schools are now empowered to collect tens of millions to get the best talent, and, in my opinion, just have some.made-up job so they can give them tons of money. The NCAA has no way to stop it. TrueNU is trying to make it less of a bag-man approach, where the kids have to do work to support non profits, and are paid an hourly wage to do so. I am mostly of with this, but wonder how realistic it is if we need, say, 500k to attract a kid. Are they going to get paid 5k an hour (maybe?) And work 100 hours.

Anyway, I'm writing a check as soon as I get my bonus on 12.22. I'd rather the kids have the money than some unless administrator not-to-be-named

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT