ADVERTISEMENT

TSISB Game take

shakes3858

Aug 28, 2009
First off, I'd like to make sure everyone on the Rock especially is invited to my family's tailgate in south bend. On the guest list we have:

Shakes3858, Uber, mini-uber, Just Gary, Purple Driver, Willycat, CoralSprings, NUrosebowl,Catfan5, Happynuyear, BosCat, 88NUCat.

Email me if you want to come by anthony.ryan4983@gmail.com

Over the past few years, TSISB is the team I've watched the 2nd most. Here are my takes on the game.

The defense is not that good. They switched to a 4-3 this year and I think their linebacker corp is more made for the 3-4. Their line is made for a 4-3 which I think that and a new DC is the reason for the switch. Their secondary is young and isn't that great either. The defense does struggle against hurry up offenses. They let North Carolina put up 43 points on them and Arizona State put on 55. The defense also plays with a "me first" and "I'm going to get mine" attitude. This was shown in the Navy game where they were out of place all day. Unfortunately, TSISB's offense let them win both the Navy and NC games.

On offense, Golson has all the tools there are, but can't help but to make the big mistake. He will throw the ball up for grabs or directly at a DB. We need to make him pay every time he does this. We also need to contain him. He's far more comfortable throwing outside the pocket and on the move. I'd considered doing what Purdue did to us with Persa as the QB. Think it was called the "fence" technique and keep Golson bottled up. If Golson does break a run, he is fumble prone.

The WRs are good, but nobody stands out as being special like Floyd or Tate did a few years ago. Don't get me wrong, anyone of their top 5 would probably be our #1 WR.

RB: I'm not sure when the change was made or why it was made, but Tarean Folston is now the lead back... the running game has gotten a lot better with Folston. Some people thought he'd be a CB in college so he has the speed. He's 5'10 210 and run with some power. In the 4 games since being the lead back, he's had 98,120, 149, and 30 yards. The last was on 11 carries. The 120 yard game was against FSU.

The Oline: was a huge strength the last couple of years, but has taken a step back. They are not as good of an Oline as we saw against Iowa, but they're a hell of a lot better than Michigan's oline to be clear. Maybe comparable to Minnesota's line, but I'd say Minnesota is better

Player to look for is #97 DE Patrick Mazza. He is a walk-on RS sophomore. He only played football for 1 year in High School. He wasn't with the team til this past spring. He's 6-7 277 (up about 40-50 lbs in a few months) he's a big DE. I don't think he'll see the field, but he's my cousin, and I'll be watching for him.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News