ADVERTISEMENT

Tuesday is NU's Pro Day

lou v

Aug 27, 2004
Here is the schedule and participants. Campbell and Siemian will NOT be participating...

10:30 AM - Local Athletes Height & Weight

10:45 AM - Local Athletes Workout

12:15 PM - Northwestern Players Height & Weight

12:45 PM - Northwestern Players Workout

*Select Local Athletes will participate in Position Drills in afternoon with NU Players

Participating Northwestern Wildcats

LB Chi Chi Ariguzo

DL Chance Carter

RB Treyvon Green

LB Jimmy Hall

WR Tony Jones

WR Kyle Prater

OL Brandon Vitabile

(DB Ibraheim Campbell & QB Trevor Siemian will be in attendance but will not participate due to injury)

Participating Local Athletes

Malcolm Agnew (Southern Illinois)

Michael Ambrose Jr (North Park)

Rocco Ammons (Illinois State)

Jaylan Bailey (Georgetown)

Tanner Crum (Southern Illinois)

Martinez Davis (Western Illinois)

Nick DeBenedetti (Saint Xavier)

Adam Drake (Eastern Illinois)

Michael Garetto-Balmer (Lake Forest)

Taylor Graham (Hawaii/Ohio State)

Dinnus Harding III (Southern Illinois)

Robert Haynes (Eastern Illinois)

Chris Highland (Illinois State)

Deonte Jackson (Eastern Illinois)

Kevin Kintzel (Western Illinois)

Jeffrey Lepak (Eastern Illinois)

Mike Liedtke (Illinois State)

Andrew Manley (Eastern Illinois)

David McDaniel (Western Illinois)

LaSteven McKinney (Southern Illinois)

Cameron Meredith (Illinois State)

James O'Shaughnessy (Illinois State)

Ikechukwu Onike (Quincy)

Bradon Prate (Illinois State)

Arthur Ray (Fort Lewis)

Courtney Richmond (Southern Illinois)

Hussien Scott (Western Illinois)

Collin Seibert (Eastern Illinois)

Bret Shannon (Butler)

Jack Sherlock (South Dakota State)

Kitray Solomon (Southern Illinois)

Troy Torrence (St. Francis)

Justin Wallace (Massachusetts Institute of Technology)

Charles Whitaker (Western Illinois)

Tyler Williamson (Southern Illinois)

Latavious Willis (Southern Illinois)
This post was edited on 3/2 6:16 PM by Lou V

Will media be allowed to monitor and report? Any of the "Local Athletes" projected draft picks?

Agnew had an amazing two game start at Oregon State; not sure what happened after but he transferred after two years to Southern Illinois. Most rankings have him sixth or seventh round

I'm friends with Nebraskas (former) QB coach Joe Ganz and he said Chi Chi is undoubtedly a league guy along with Campbell. Also said they planned on throwing at Harris all game long and attacking Matt Harris all day long through the air, (last part a little OT)

Originally posted by chicagocatfan24:
I'm friends with Nebraskas (former) QB coach Joe Ganz and he said Chi Chi is undoubtedly a league guy along with Campbell. Also said they planned on throwing at Harris all game long and attacking Matt Harris all day long through the air, (last part a little OT)
Chi Chi might have a tough time making it into the NFL because of his lack of speed (4.85). The position rankings I looked at put Ellis ahead of Ariguzo. He's a very good college player, though. Hopefully he can run a good 40 time on Pro Day.

4.85??? That is ridiculously slow... I wouldn't be surprised if it was 4.7ish but 4.85 seems way too slow to me. Where did you see that?

4.85??? That is ridiculously slow... I wouldn't be surprised if it was 4.7ish but 4.85 seems way too slow to me. Where did you see that?
I was surprised to read that as well, thinking he had 4.70-4.75 speed. I hope Chi Chi proves them wrong.

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=104929&draftyear=2015&genpos=OLB

ESPN lists his 40 time at 4.95.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft/player/_/id/37305

This post was edited on 3/3 11:21 AM by Gladeskat

LouV got him at 4.63.... Of course it's unofficial, but figure it should be within a 1/10th or so, and 4.7ish is right there. No chance he was as good a Big Ten LB as he was at 4.95

Check out the Facebook pictures of the event if you guys have a chance. To me, every single NU player looks like they could feature in the league. They are positively huge. Even Prater, who has a naturally leaner physique, looks like a beast.

Obviously, the injuries are concerning, but there are at least some results from our strength/conditioning program.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

CCF - I want every team to throw Matt Harris' direction all the time. The kid can play, and is a real threat to play in the league. Wherever your boy ends up, I hope NU is on the schedule and keeps throwing his way.

LouV got him at 4.63.... Of course it's unofficial, but figure it should be within a 1/10th or so, and 4.7ish is right there. No chance he was as good a Big Ten LB as he was at 4.95
That's good news. Hopefully that will open some eyes.

Fitz was a heck of a MLB with only 4.85-4.9 speed. A lot depends on how one reads and reacts to a play.

Originally posted by Gladeskat:

That's good news. Hopefully that will open some eyes.

Fitz was a heck of a MLB with only 4.85-4.9 speed. A lot depends on how one reads and reacts to a play.
True, but it's a different era with the evolution of the spread offense instead of smash mouth, run right at you football. That, and Chi Chi was a will, Fitz a Mike. Still, like you said, there's a difference between 40 fast and game fast. Different positions, but I think Larry Fitzgerald is like a 4.7 guy and he's been a top WR for in the league for a decade.

I think Chi Chihe gets a crack.

Also, my buddy who said they were going to throw at Matt Harris was a pretty damn good QB for Nebraska himself, and knows a think or two about reading a defense. I think Matt is a good CB as well, but I'll take my friend's word as a paid professional.

And believe me, with the people I know who are currently players at NU, it was really hard not to tell them what I knew, but that's a dirty way to acquire information, IMO.

That's right he was a pretty good QB . Still can't remember Harris getting lit up by the Huskers or anyone else for that matter. I know the game got away from us in the second half, but I'll stand by my claim that Harris is the guy I HOPE teams continue to challenge. He has a more impressive pedigree than me or most people on this board, so maybe he'll be proven right!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT