ADVERTISEMENT

UMinn @ NU Prediction Thread

rmndcat

Gold Member
Sep 5, 2009
After being beaten solidly by Duke, NU returns home to open the B1G West Season against Minnesota. Although the Cats are, under the best reading, a work in progress, the rest of the division is also vulnerable this season.

The Cats should be at least more competitive against the Gophers than against Duke and possibly Rutgers.

Mary Tyler Moore 19
Steven Colbert 21

Last edited:
midnight-staley-pain.gif

To OUR eyeballs. Since ugly wins count as well, I'd take it if we can pull this one out.

Reactions: rmndcat
Minny 27
Cats 10

Wish could we could see continued improvement but the 2nd half last week was disappointing and exposed a lot of weak points. Hope I’m wrong and hope the team bounces back, maybe the trip to the east coast was a contributing factor in the 2nd half dropoff.

Reactions: drewjin
I think we have a decent chance with this one, but my brain says Minny still wins an ugly one.

Minny 20
NU. 14

Reactions: mountaindrew
Not going to make a score prediction, but this game will be an accurate gauge on how the rest of the season plays out. If we lose to the gophers, it will mean another year of staying at home for bowl season for the team. I put this as a toss up game, but if we do lose, some of the other toss ups are probably going to be losses as well. I have Iowa and Wisconsin down as losses, as well as both East division games. Purdue is the other toss up, along with Illinois and NB. The last two mentioned could be probables meaning wins if we see a bit of improvement by the time we play them. We will beat Howard. At the very best 6 wins, but I think 4-5 wins is more realistic unless the staff can get it together soon. The division is weak this season thus far, but we are as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: drewjin and rmndcat
Not going to make a score prediction, but this game will be an accurate gauge on how the rest of the season plays out. If we lose to the gophers, it will mean another year of staying at home for bowl season for the team. I put this as a toss up game, but if we do lose, some of the other toss ups are probably going to be losses as well. I have Iowa and Wisconsin down as losses, as well as both East division games. Purdue is the other toss up, along with Illinois and NB. The last two mentioned could be probables meaning wins if we see a bit of improvement by the time we play them. We will beat Howard. At the very best 6 wins, but I think 4-5 wins is more realistic unless the staff can get it together soon. The division is weak this season thus far, but we are as well.
How is being an 11 point underdog at home a “toss up”? A NU win would be a major upset.

University that ignored allegations about the coach 27
University that fired its coach over misbehaving players 17

I actually have a friend, that is a U of Mn graduate, with the same initials. Hey F. U.🤣
Back when COCKS ‘three-bar’ hats were everywhere circa 1996, an Ohio State ‘WOODY’ and a Fordham ‘F U’ hat got some ‘semi-dirty hat targeted at future frat boys’ marketing and distribution push.

(Amazon’s category is Sports Fan Novelty Headwear)

The Game Nickname Bar Design
https://a.co/d/cGBqeag

Last week I did not want to predict because I had not seen Duke. I have seen the Gophers. I expect a lot of run blitzes by the Cats on defense, with Braun betting Kaliakmanis can’t make the Cats pay. On the other side of the ball, if the Gophers throttle the Cats early, I would not be surprised to see Sullivan sub in. I was really frustrated last week that Bryant was unable to cash the opportunities his very good skill players created. I think the Cats, either by Bryant finding a rhythm or Sullivan putting pressure on through his running ability, break though.

Cats 24
Gophers 17

Last edited:
As a Gopher fan, It varies based on the game result. LOL

Cheers!
Would love to sit with you at the MN v. NU game at Hunting Bank Stadium next year to discuss the the relative merits of both teams. At one time in the 1960's, UMN was truly great. Since then, it has been kind of a clown show. One after another, goofy coaches, including Fleck, who so far has been winning. I fault the boosters, some of whom I have known, who do not seem to have a clue.

Last edited:
How is being an 11 point underdog at home a “toss up”? A NU win would be a major upset.
Minny isn't looking good, but neither are we. If Minny does cover the spread or goes beyond it, we are looking at a very long season indeed. I am hoping the guys can get their mojo going for this one as well as the coaches. We will see. The entire division is lackluster thus far. Let's hope the Cats can catch a little fire. I think Duke is better than Minny.

Reactions: drewjin
Minny isn't looking good, but neither are we. If Minny does cover the spread or goes beyond it, we are looking at a very long season indeed. I am hoping the guys can get their mojo going for this one as well as the coaches. We will see. The entire division is lackluster thus far. Let's hope the Cats can catch a little fire. I think Duke is better than Minny.
Duke is better than Minny. But Duke beat us like they caught us stealing chickens

Reactions: StreamCat
After being beaten solidly by Duke, NU returns home to open the B1G West Season against Minnesota. Although the Cats are, under the best reading, a work in progress, the rest of the division is also vulnerable this season.

The Cats should be at least more competitive against the Gophers than against Duke and possibly Rutgers.

Mary Tyler Moore 19
Steven Colbert 21

Flim Flam Fleckers 24
Hannibal's Animals 32

Last week I did not want to predict because I had not seen Duke. I have seen the Gophers. I expect a lot of run blitzes by the Cats on defense, with Braun betting Kaliakmanis can’t make the Cats pay. On the other side of the ball, if the Gophers throttle the Cats early, I would not be surprised to see Sullivan sub in. I was really frustrated last week that Bryant was unable to cash the opportunities his very good skill players created. I think the Cats, either by Bryant finding a rhythm or Sullivan putting pressure on through his running ability, break though.

Cats 24
Gophers 17

Congratulations to each who predicted Northwestern would remain perfect at home.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT