ADVERTISEMENT

Updated pricing for Basketball tix?

winnetkat

Gold Member
May 29, 2001
Email from Dr. Gragg:

Wildcats Community,
Thank you for your dedicated support of our Northwestern Men's Basketball program.
As I expressed earlier this year, we are committed to evaluating all ways to improve the program on and off the court. I spent my first season at Welsh-Ryan Arena listening to many of you share your feedback and Northwestern memories with me. While reflecting on my own observations and your insights, it became clear to me that more must be done to create a better atmosphere at Welsh-Ryan Arena. One consistent theme I heard is that far too often, our best seats are not occupied.
To address this, we are excited to announce a new pricing and per-seat contribution model for the 2022-23 season. The new model was designed to make the best seats available to our most loyal Wildcats fans at an affordable price.
Specifically, the new per-seat model will do the following:
• Reduce the number of seats requiring a contribution
• Reduce the average price of lower bowl season tickets
• For seats with contributions associated with them, over 70% are seeing a reduction in contribution amounts
• 15% of seats in Welsh-Ryan Arena will see a reduction in both contribution amount and ticket price
You can view the new price chart below before the renewal period begins next week: https://supportthecats.com/thewildcatfund/basketball.html
We hope these changes encourage our Wildcat community to invest in this program and bring the energy our student-athletes deserve to Welsh-Ryan Arena. Purchasing season tickets, contributing to the Wildcat Fund, and attending games are the three biggest ways you can make an impact, and I encourage you to be a part of our future success in as many of those ways as you can.
We look forward to an exciting end of the spring season with many of our teams positioned to compete for conference and national championships. Thank you for your continued support of Northwestern student-athletes, and I hope we can count on you to RISE with us.
Positively,
Dr. Derrick Gragg

Reactions: NUCat320 and NJCat
Email from Dr. Gragg:

Wildcats Community,
Thank you for your dedicated support of our Northwestern Men's Basketball program.
As I expressed earlier this year, we are committed to evaluating all ways to improve the program on and off the court. I spent my first season at Welsh-Ryan Arena listening to many of you share your feedback and Northwestern memories with me. While reflecting on my own observations and your insights, it became clear to me that more must be done to create a better atmosphere at Welsh-Ryan Arena. One consistent theme I heard is that far too often, our best seats are not occupied.
To address this, we are excited to announce a new pricing and per-seat contribution model for the 2022-23 season. The new model was designed to make the best seats available to our most loyal Wildcats fans at an affordable price.
Specifically, the new per-seat model will do the following:
• Reduce the number of seats requiring a contribution
• Reduce the average price of lower bowl season tickets
• For seats with contributions associated with them, over 70% are seeing a reduction in contribution amounts
• 15% of seats in Welsh-Ryan Arena will see a reduction in both contribution amount and ticket price
You can view the new price chart below before the renewal period begins next week: https://supportthecats.com/thewildcatfund/basketball.html
We hope these changes encourage our Wildcat community to invest in this program and bring the energy our student-athletes deserve to Welsh-Ryan Arena. Purchasing season tickets, contributing to the Wildcat Fund, and attending games are the three biggest ways you can make an impact, and I encourage you to be a part of our future success in as many of those ways as you can.
We look forward to an exciting end of the spring season with many of our teams positioned to compete for conference and national championships. Thank you for your continued support of Northwestern student-athletes, and I hope we can count on you to RISE with us.
Positively,
Dr. Derrick Gragg
Smart.

Good move — the main change appears to be lowering the required per ticket contribution for all sections except the Wilson Club. But what is the plan for actually getting season ticket holders to attend games — especially in the prime seats? Dr Gragg correctly identifies that as the biggest problem, but what is his solution?

Reactions: IGNORE2
Good move — the main change appears to be lowering the required per ticket contribution for all sections except the Wilson Club. But what is the plan for actually getting season ticket holders to attend games — especially in the prime seats? Dr Gragg correctly identifies that as the biggest problem, but what is his solution?
Short of kidnapping folks seems a decent on court product is needed. Maybe they can have Red Panda every game

Reactions: catfans5
Can't complain, extra $100 in my pocket for my 2 seats in 108.

That $100 will go towards my beer tab assuming they sell it next year.

Or keeping opposing fans out.

Can't complain, extra $100 in my pocket for my 2 seats in 108.

That $100 will go towards my beer tab assuming they sell it next year.

What were you paying before? My understanding is that if you had 2 seats before, your contribution just doubled since it used to cover two seats and now it's a contribution "per ticket".

Actually the required donation went down as well for my two. Used to be $2500 but now is $1500 ($750x2). Moot point for me since I flip them $2500 for football parking anyway.

Meh. Dropping donation requirements* in the hopes of getting some money instead of no money is a pretty easy move to make. This program needs someone to make some difficult moves.

*- Dropping unless you're like me and have first row balcony behind a basket seats. The donation was $100 for 1-2 seats. Now it will be $100 per ticket. I have two tickets so my donation amount actually doubled.

• Wow
Reactions: EagerFan
Meh. Dropping donation requirements* in the hopes of getting some money instead of no money is a pretty easy move to make. This program needs someone to make some difficult moves.

*- Dropping unless you're like me and have first row balcony behind a basket seats. The donation was $100 for 1-2 seats. Now it will be $100 per ticket. I have two tickets so my donation amount actually doubled.
We have 4. So not thrilled with that at all. Who decides that these are good decisions….

Reactions: ubercat

I'm in the same boat. South balcony first row seats, free-throw line extended. This donation doubling will just make me transfer $100 from my deductible donation to this non-deductible PSL "contribution."

Still, at $350 per season ticket (so far), for those of us who like the balcony view, it's a pretty sweet deal.

The second row has just as good a view, 80+% of the time nobody in front of you, and no donation.

True. I used to be in the second row, until testing out the first row seating. The extra leg room gave my tall aging limbs the relief they were screaming for. Well worth the extra donation in my case.

True. I used to be in the second row, until testing out the first row seating. The extra leg room gave my tall aging limbs the relief they were screaming for. Well worth the extra donation in my case.
And you got a basketball out of it last year

Reactions: ubercat
I'm with the first row crew behind the bucket!! I have seats downstairs also, and I'm not sure the main floor seats are better - especially considering the cost. You're so close to the floor behind the basket.

They really did a good job with the arena. I spent one game this year in the worst seat in the house, and it's still not a bad view.

The worst seats may be in the first 2 or 3 rows off the floor.

Reactions: Dugan15 and Alvious
My seats are second level at half court and I like them plenty as long as I'm not surrounded by opposing fans of the loudmouthed variety. tbh I don't know if this is better or worse for me in terms of pricing. It's certainly not a big enough shift to matter either way.

My wife recently priced season tickets for the Women's BBall and was floored by the difference in pricing for floor seats.

If the don’t lower the price AND improve the product there will be more fans from the visiting team at home games.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT