ADVERTISEMENT

What a Sh** Show..

Status
Not open for further replies.

stpaulcat

Gold Member
May 29, 2001
St. Paul
Northwestern, the 10th or 11th most highly rated University in the US, seriously? With governance such as we have seen in the past weeks? What could have been if Rebecca Blank had not so sadly died of cancer, and what a twist of fate? I am not a great fan of Fitz recently, as he reached a peak mainly due to Hank, which also shouldn't obscure the level he kept NU football during his tenure, which was good compared to NU's football history, but not great. That said, IN NO WAY DID FITZ DESERVE THE WAY HE WAS DISMISSED.. The NU BOT should be ashamed, Schill should be fired and Gragg, well, that's obvious. Fitz deserves every dime he can get from these pathetic, incompetent characters. Hazing may have occurred, but to hide behind that possibility, while making such accusations as are being proffered is cowardice.

Northwestern, the 10th or 11th most highly rated University in the US, seriously? With governance such as we have seen in the past weeks? What could have been if Rebecca Blank had not so sadly died of cancer, and what a twist of fate? I am not a great fan of Fitz recently, as he reached a peak mainly due to Hank, which also shouldn't obscure the level he kept NU football during his tenure, which was good compared to NU's football history, but not great. That said, IN NO WAY DID FITZ DESERVE THE WAY HE WAS DISMISSED.. The NU BOT should be ashamed, Schill should be fired and Gragg, well, that's obvious. Fitz deserves every dime he can get from these pathetic, incompetent characters. Hazing may have occurred, but to hide behind that possibility, while making such accusations as are being proffered is cowardice.
I’m not defending Schill or Gragg, but there is no “may have” in hazing - it occurred.

Well, there are towel snaps, cold showers, buzz cuts, and other mean girl shit.

Then there’s dry humping and naked QB exchanges.

My suggestion is that plaintiffs alleging the latter go to the police and see if sexual assault charges are appropriate.
And if any of this makes you feel dirty, there is a car wash at the end.

Wonder if we sponsored a is it or is it not hazing day, how many of the Enablers would volunteer to be run and washed and do some QB snaps in the buff. I mean these are grown men here so it couldn’t possibly be worse than for the kids that endured.

I would be willing to run a few people and call a count on naked chin ups. Corbi? PPD? (Shoot - is he in this thread yet - otherwise he is about to snap again), CSC?

And if any of this makes you feel dirty, there is a car wash at the end.

Wonder if we sponsored a is it or is it not hazing day, how many of the Enablers would volunteer to be run and washed and do some QB snaps in the buff. I mean these are grown men here so it couldn’t possibly be worse than for the kids that endured.

I would be willing to run a few people and call a count on naked chin ups. Corbi? PPD? (Shoot - is he in this thread yet - otherwise he is about to snap again), CSC?
Non stop bloviating from the gas bag

It did ? What are you basing that on ?
C’mon maaaan.

In the world where 9/11 and the moon landing were government conspiracies, there was also no hazing. In the world where facts exist, hazing of a sexual nature happened in the NU locker room.
Well, there are towel snaps, cold showers, buzz cuts, and other mean girl shit.

Then there’s dry humping and naked QB exchanges.

My suggestion is that plaintiffs alleging the latter go to the police and see if sexual assault charges are appropriate.
We know that there was dry humping and naked car washes and naked QB exchanges. It’s silly to pretend there may not have been.

We also know that the criminal threshold is ‘reasonable doubt’ and that no DA would ever take any of these cases, because the deck is inherently stacked against victims/accusers.

C’mon maaaan.

In the world where 9/11 and the moon landing were government conspiracies, there was also no hazing. In the world where facts exist, hazing of a sexual nature happened in the NU locker room.

We know that there was dry humping and naked car washes and naked QB exchanges. It’s silly to pretend there may not have been.

We also know that the criminal threshold is ‘reasonable doubt’ and that no DA would ever take any of these cases, because the deck is inherently stacked against victims/accusers.
“cmon man, the moon landing...” is not a very good basis for stating certainties. RIchardson and Diaz ? its becoming more and more clear this whole thing was exaggerated, twisted half truths and a lot of Twitter propaganda in a rush to judgement. Its certainly not widespread or systemic. The further this goes, the worse it looks for Schill, the monumental idiot.

“cmon man, the moon landing...” is not a very good basis for stating certainties. RIchardson and Diaz ? its becoming more and more clear this whole thing was exaggerated, twisted half truths and a lot of Twitter propaganda in a rush to judgement. Its certainly not widespread or systemic. The further this goes, the worse it looks for Schill, the monumental idiot.
I stated how I know. While some may view these actions differently than others, they happened. Whether these activities should have resulted in Schill’s action is very worthy of discussion, but they happened. The culture was an issue.

No one was laughing when discussing it. People in it realize it was not right. Your trying to make light of it does not help.
The Enablers have little left. Their demigod isn’t coming back and all rational minds know we haven’t reached the bottom yet in terms of the allegations.

I think the John Does could have a surprising name or two.

And besides JJTBC, have all the other recent NFLers remained silent too? If so, that’s pretty damning. They have assets to lose if they were to be named which might explain their unwillingness to get involved and support PF.

You saw my note on the Rock about a former player I know through his brother. He’s a reputable kid from a reputable family, and he said what has been said about hazing was all true.
Did you also see the note from a poster on the Rock that talked to a parent of a recent graduate who’s son said he never sawing running and the other garbage was not forced on anyone?

The Enablers have little left. Their demigod isn’t coming back and all rational minds know we haven’t reached the bottom yet in terms of the allegations.

And besides JJTBC, have all the other recent NFLers remained silent too? If so, that’s pretty damning. They have assets to lose if they were to be named which might explain their unwillingness to get involved and support PF.
How do you know who has remained silent on Twitter when you're so not on Twitter that you couldn't find Hank's tweet?

Reactions: Chucksizzle1

Not everyone feels the need to ride in on the big white steed to involve themselves in all things NU. There are 1000+ former players, how damning is it that no one has come out and said I was dry humped or a humper. Works two both ways Bobby.

How do you know who has remained silent on Twitter when you're so not on Twitter that you couldn't find Hank's tweet?
I don’t. I asked. Maybe there is a litany of support. I would expect the Enablers to cite it here repeatedly - are you telling me that Twitter has testimonials from JJTBC and many other recent NU NFLers on topic?

Not everyone feels the need to ride in on the big white steed to involve themselves in all things NU. There are 1000+ former players, how damning is it that no one has come out and said I was dry humped or a humper. Works two both ways Bobby.
I agree. Though allegiance to PF would expected to be stronger to a group opening old cans of worms. Yet neither exist. Kinda like PFs lawsuit vs NU.

I don’t. I asked. Maybe there is a litany of support. I would expect the Enablers to cite it here repeatedly - are you telling me that Twitter has testimonials from JJTBC and many other recent NU NFLers on topic?
They seem to post all that stuff on The Rock, so I never see it.

Did you also see the note from a poster on the Rock that talked to a parent of a recent graduate who’s son said he never sawing running and the other garbage was not forced on anyone?
Then he would be the ONLY guy who has come out and said this? Not what I would hold my hat on.

The guy I know did not report it; he just figured it was the culture. As he described it, there were serious NFL-wannabes and a bunch of frat boys-first / football-second guys on the team. That culture was not optimal, but he dealt with it. He cannot come out in good faith and deny there was hazing.

There’s plenty to debate, but the truth of the hazing incidents that have been reported is not one of them.

Reactions: KappaKat
Then he would be the ONLY guy who has come out and said this? Not what I would hold my hat on.

The guy I know did not report it; he just figured it was the culture. As he described it, there were serious NFL-wannabes and a bunch of frat boys-first / football-second guys on the team. That culture was not optimal, but he dealt with it. He cannot come out in good faith and deny there was hazing.

There’s plenty to debate, but the truth of the hazing incidents that have been reported is not one of them.
It’s right there for you to read. Just saying there are two conflicting sentiments.

Ahhh, Frat boys are the culprits! Another wrinkle. If I were to have reported the hazing that went on during my four years at NU, which I experienced, in the current climate, Brothers would be jailed. Hazing was intended to be a bonding experience, and maybe it was, maybe not, although looking back, it was mainly carried out by sadists, bullies, control freaks and guys who found a way to appear heterosexual, while not. Just like real life, the real world. We have rituals in culture, intended to pave the transition from childhood to adulthood, which has been the case in most cultures throughout history, and are generally not benign. Think about sending (18 year old) children to war to fight to serve the elders, to experience atrocities so far beyond what has happened in the NU football program, to make this situation laughable. Schill must have been sheltered as a child, adolescent and young adult, such that he has no clue..

They seem to post all that stuff on The Rock, so I never see it.
Then I guess the court of public opinion is left to its devices. If I was adamant PF was getting railroaded, if I was emotionally vested, if I thought a miscarriage of justice was at hand - I would cite any evidence especially the most compelling everywhere and anywhere I could.

If left to those that tweet or buy the news they want to hear, well, can’t blame the uninformed.

I recently had a long conversation with a very well-respected former, multi-year starter who played in the last few years. Similar to Gordie, I was told the hazing as has been reported happened, it was something the player said he just got through when it happened to him, and that Fitz and all of the coaches should have known about as it was pervasive throughout the culture of the program. He isn't planning to speak about it publicly because it will not do anything positive for the program or the university moving forward.

Last edited:
I recently had a long conversation with a very well-respected former, multi-year starter who played in the last few years. Similar to Gordie, I was told the hazing as has been reported happened, it was something the player said he just got through when it happened to him, and that Fitz and all of the coaches should have known about as it was pervasive throughout the culture of the program. He isn't planning to speak about it publicly because it will not do anything positive for the program or the university moving forward.
It’s amazing that several parents of current players support Fitz and are pissed off. Two men say they are Jesus, one of them must be wrong!

Last edited:
i Recently had a long conversation with a former player and he told me Fitz hates puppies and that Dan Bernstein would never lie. honest.

• Haha
Reactions: mmca
It’s amazing that several parents of current players support Fitz and are pissed off. Two men say they are Jesus, one of them must be wrong!
Besides Demos, who was last in the program 15 years ago, has anyone denied that charges?

Fitz who positively impacted lots of players and Fitz who turned a blind eye to hazing both exist. Humans are complex.

What is hazing?
Fortunately, for all of us amateurs that are generally not required to know NORTHWESTERN's definition of hazing, I have high confidence that the BOT, the administration, the athletic department, including all coaches, staff and athletes, have a clear knowledge of the university's expectations and rules regarding hazing. From what we have heard from the university president about the unpublished report, hazing did occur and it was fairly widespread. Now, some will dispute the veracity of the report, which is their right. I happen to believe the report and the victims, and I am embarrassed for Fitz. He let us all down. His actions and inactions, as well as those of his cohorts have humiliated the entire university community, and his legacy is in ruins

I stated how I know. While some may view these actions differently than others, they happened. Whether these activities should have resulted in Schill’s action is very worthy of discussion, but they happened. The culture was an issue.
I would like to know how prevelant the “bad hazing “ was. I’m sure some of what has been alleged occurred, but was it a regular thing or a once off. Remember, demos has stated that he never witnessed or heard of the activities that have been alleged

Reactions: drewjin
i Recently had a long conversation with a former player and he told me Fitz hates puppies and that Dan Bernstein would never lie. honest.
Fortunately, discovery and depositions taken under penalty of perjury will get us closer.

Btw, if I’m the lawyer, I’m subpoena-ing every player for years and asking them under oath. They will either have to honestly describe what they witnessed (not knowing who has revealed what, take the 5th or run a risk of perjury) - I bet with enough of these deps, a pretty clear picture will develop.

Reactions: zanycat
Fortunately, for all of us amateurs that are generally not required to know NORTHWESTERN's definition of hazing, I have high confidence that the BOT, the administration, the athletic department, including all coaches, staff and athletes, have a clear knowledge of the university's expectations and rules regarding hazing. From what we have heard from the university president about the unpublished report, hazing did occur and it was fairly widespread. Now, some will dispute the veracity of the report, which is their right. I happen to believe the report and the victims, and I am embarrassed for Fitz. He let us all down. His actions and inactions, as well as those of his cohorts have humiliated the entire university community, and his legacy is in ruins
Again, hazing is a useless term. Making a kid sing the fight song is hazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT