ADVERTISEMENT

Whatever is relevant to our University,

Status
Not open for further replies.

stpaulcat

Gold Member
May 29, 2001
St. Paul
directly or indirectly, touches athletics in some way, in that they are part of the formation of students' lives. If for example, shootings happened at an athletic event, would that not be fair game for discussion here? One significant barrier to solving our current crisis of deadly confrontation and violence is suppression of discussion about it. And NU is supposed to be a leader in education and problem solving? I'm beginning to question that.

directly or indirectly, touches athletics in some way, in that they are part of the formation of students' lives. If for example, shootings happened at an athletic event, would that not be fair game for discussion here? One significant barrier to solving our current crisis of deadly confrontation and violence is suppression of discussion about it. And NU is supposed to be a leader in education and problem solving? I'm beginning to question that.
But it was not about anything specific to safety at NU after the first several posts. It was a gun access/gun control debate. Do you think anything productive would come of it or any minds would be changed?

Reactions: phatcat
And the thread lasted plenty long, and had reached a point where it didn't need to continue further.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT