ADVERTISEMENT

What's the dirt on Rakocevic...

Medill90

Jan 30, 2011
4 of the 5 predictions changed on Monday....three to NU and one to neutral....NU is now the favorite according to 247

What's the poop?

4 of the 5 predictions changed on Monday....three to NU and one to neutral....NU is now the favorite according to 247

What's the poop?
I noticed that. I looked at other sites and no one else even has him getting an NU offer. Puzzling.

What's the poop?

IT MEANS WE'RE GETTING TWO TOP 5 PLAYERS FROM IL NEXT YEAR!!! WOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

the-lego-movie-awesome-e1392309318427.png

Reactions: PurpleHaze525
so . . . did anything ever come out about what happened here? does he have an NU offer?

Tough to say. If you navigate Verbal Commits one way, he's listed as having an offer...but if you click on his name, no.

But the shift in opinion among multiple people isn't a random act unless lemmings are following a mistake over a cliff.

NU isn't recruiting him. No merits to the prediction

Some confusion was created when several recruiting analysts predicted that 2016 four-star forward Nick Rakocevic would commit to Northwestern. Rakocevic played high school basketball with NU commit Jordan Ash, and the Wildcats looked at him last summer, but the 6-foot-9 prospect confirmed that the coaches haven't been recruiting him for quite some time.

http://247sports.com/Article/Day-2-Northwestern-prospects-at-Nike-EYBL-session-3-37202463

Some confusion was created when several recruiting analysts predicted that 2016 four-star forward Nick Rakocevic would commit to Northwestern. Rakocevic played high school basketball with NU commit Jordan Ash, and the Wildcats looked at him last summer, but the 6-foot-9 prospect confirmed that the coaches haven't been recruiting him for quite some time.

http://247sports.com/Article/Day-2-Northwestern-prospects-at-Nike-EYBL-session-3-37202463

This is a pretty terrific example of how the recruiting sites work. There is what the recruiting experts do....and then there is what the coaches do...there is some overlap but they are very different exercises.

If Collins and his staff can continue to find what looks from the amateur world like middling recruits who play at an elite level in college....I'm talking about you B Mac and Scottie (and Vic Law, you weren't middling) this program is on a steep incline.

I know you meant that as a compliment to Mac and Lindsey's development, but middling isn't the word I'd choose ... Purdue offered Mac and Iowa offered Lindsey (though they maybe pulled their offer? He seemed to enjoy it a little extra when we beat them this year).

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT