ADVERTISEMENT

Why didn't Mark Gronowski follow Zach Luhan? QB Mark Wright makes most sense

NUDefense

Apr 22, 2022
Why didn't Mark Gronowski follow Zach Luhan if ZL is so good?

QB Mark Wright (in trasnfer portal) doesn't seem to be as good a passer as MG but he will help us win some games and seems to be a good fit for Zach Luhan offense.

I'd like to see 1 backup RB, another OL and LB, 1 CB and 1 Safety from the portal.

Last edited:
If Gronowski went to another school, I think that would raise questions, but he decided to stay with his original choice, where he is familiar with the people (students and coaches) and where he doesn’t have to experience a cultural shift. There is never a guarantee that the QB will follow his OC. We may not like it but it was a respectable decision. Getting Lujan was never contingent on getting Gronowski

If Gronowski went to another school, I think that would raise questions, but he decided to stay with his original choice, where he is familiar with the people (students and coaches) and where he doesn’t have to experience a cultural shift. There is never a guarantee that the QB will follow his OC. We may not like it but it was a respectable decision. Getting Lujan was never contingent on getting Gronowski
Don't forget. There are student athletes who are looking for a great college experience in addition to a great football experience. I know that when I was a 20-year-old it would have been difficult to step away from friends, teammates, and the school I know.

Reactions: drewjin
Some were busy making fun coz I spelt Mike G. as Mark coz this thread was ALSO abt QB Mark Wright.

QB Mark Wright commits!

NUDefense is now THE AUTHORITY on this message board. Welcome to the new board order.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: drewjin and IGNORE2
Some were busy making fun coz I spelt Mike G. as Mark coz this thread was ALSO abt QB Mark Wright.

QB Mark Wright commits!

NUDefense is now THE AUTHORITY on this message board. Welcome to the new board order.

These boards were much better off without Turk. Ugh.

I theorize that Lujan was hoping Gronowski could be enticed to come to NU but whatever combination of NIL and other factors didn’t pan out. Sullivan did not show Lujan enough to seize the job, and here we are.

Don't forget. There are student athletes who are looking for a great college experience in addition to a great football experience. I know that when I was a 20-year-old it would have been difficult to step away from friends, teammates, and the school I know.
Didn't he have a girlfriend as well?

Instead of guessing who I am (not Turk by the way), why don't you focus that QB Mike Wright's name was first taken by me on this board?

Others were saying we are finalizing a QB etc., all vague stuff!

Instead of guessing who I am (not Turk by the way), why don't you focus that QB Mike Wright's name was first taken by me on this board?

Not exactly Nostradamus type stuff. People have been talking about this kid for over 5 years. I think Corbi is his Uncle.

I'm sure it was reported on The Rock

Great stuff. Looks like @CatManTrue has some competition.
I, for one, welcome the New Board Order (NBO) which @NUDefense is offering.

This board gets more boring by the year. Turk/Mrwickerpark made it more fun.

Bob’s hard work to expose Pat’s Patrollers made it more fun.

Heck, the posts from @NUCat320 alone have made the freeloader board worth the price of admission.

The Rant board made it more fun.

If @lou v wants to get back to TWR’s salad days then he needs to make these boards fun again!

I get that Yahoo/Rivals are big corporate entities and that they’ve gotta do what they’ve gotta do.

I have been busy lately. But Coral fired up the CatMan signal, so I am here momentarily.

When I’m gone, you all are on your own.

I, for one, welcome the New Board Order (NBO) which @NUDefense is offering.

This board gets more boring by the year. Turk/Mrwickerpark made it more fun.

Bob’s hard work to expose Pat’s Patrollers made it more fun.

Heck, the posts from @NUCat320 alone have made the freeloader board worth the price of admission.

The Rant board made it more fun.

If @lou v wants to get back to TWR’s salad days then he needs to make these boards fun again!

I get that Yahoo/Rivals are big corporate entities and that they’ve gotta do what they’ve gotta do.

I have been busy lately. But Coral fired up the CatMan signal, so I am here momentarily.

When I’m gone, you all are on your own.

Premium basketball boards are fun!

Premium basketball boards are fun!
I’m holding out for premium wrestling, softball, and McCormick (engineering) boards on The Rock.

@CappyNU and Lou are working around the clock to accommodate these changes.

Once they do - and Lou announces a sweet deal for premium members who renew again - then I’ll be back.

Until then, I shall free load like a free bird!

Any compliment (?) that starts with ‘heck’ is one that I value greatly. Thanks for your support, CMT.

I’m pretty sure that @NUDefense is Coach Jim O’Neil. Still plugged in, via Timmy McG.
If NUDefense isn’t Turk or one of his several personalities, then I will be highly disappointed.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT