ADVERTISEMENT

Wildcat Baseball ⚾️ Thread - not for the faint of heart

It is a lot better than it was years back. A nice upgrade, but they are still way behind the rest of the Big Ten in all aspects when talking about baseball.
No. They’re not. Their facilities are great and the only thing they lack is stadium capacity. The technology and clubhouse is state of the art and really amazing. I’ve been to every B1G school and they’re not behind, but we’ll never have the fan support especially with the coach we have right now.

No. They’re not. Their facilities are great and the only thing they lack is stadium capacity. The technology and clubhouse is state of the art and really amazing. I’ve been to every B1G school and they’re not behind, but we’ll never have the fan support especially with the coach we have right now.

🤦‍♂️

Baseball is my favorite sport and always has been. I love baseball dearly and spent more than a little time at old Rocky Miller Park.

It brings me no particular joy to continue to say that rather than remodeling the stadium it would have been wiser to cut the program and replace it with Men’s Lacrosse.

Reactions: Alvious and NJCat
Baseball is my favorite sport and always has been. I love baseball dearly and spent more than a little time at old Rocky Miller Park.

It brings me no particular joy to continue to say that rather than remodeling the stadium it would have been wiser to cut the program and replace it with Men’s Lacrosse.
Private donors gave a gift to remodel the stadium. Where is the private gift to establish a men's lacrosse team?

Reactions: CoralSpringsCat
Private donors gave a gift to remodel the stadium. Where is the private gift to establish a men's lacrosse team?
Oh, I don’t disagree with that. But we already have a good lacrosse stadium, so before the capita gifts came in it would have made sense to make the switch.

Nothing. No one cares about Baseball.
The AD has to recognize the massive mistake he made and make the change. First time since I graduated that I didn’t go to a single game and none of the other former players did either.

• Wow
Reactions: mountaindrew
The AD has to recognize the massive mistake he made and make the change. First time since I graduated that I didn’t go to a single game and none of the other former players did either.

It’s such a shame as the program was so close to breaking through as evidenced by the number of transfers landing at high quality programs. When will the truth come out? Do you predict many transfers this off-season?

When did JON become the baseball coach? :D

It’s such a shame as the program was so close to breaking through as evidenced by the number of transfers landing at high quality programs. When will the truth come out? Do you predict many transfers this off-season?
Took Army to the NCAAs 4 out of 5 years (the 5th being a COVID year). I'm inclined to cut loose those elements determined to sabotage him and give him a chance to build something with more loyal elements.

Reactions: No Chores
I watched Duke v UVA today in the deciding game of the Charlottesville Super Regional. UVA dominated 11-2 but the former NU players shined. Beshears hit a 2 run HR for Duke's only runs, while O'Donnell had 3 hits for UVA. The crowd at UVA was about 8,000 in Davenport Stadium funded by author John Grisham.

Over the left field wall is Klockner Field , home of the UVA lacrosse teams. The single grandstand seats 4,000 and the opposite hill holds another 4,000 for big games. It was not unusual for almost 15,000 fans to be onsite when both teams were playing on a sunny Saturday

The playing surfaces are immaculate and both stadiums have large video screens . Teams are supported enthusiastically by Charlottesville's residents and both are regular participants in The College World Series and Lacosse Final Four

I care about baseball. @docrugby1 cares about baseball. @lunker35 cares about baseball. Joe Girardi cares about baseball. The Miller family cares about baseball.

So do I. I umpired a lot of games at Miller years back. Always enjoyed going there, and enjoyed getting to hang out between games with guys like Tim Stoddard, Gabe Rivas, Joe Muraski and George Kontos. Good dudes, not to mention darned good players.

But I sure would like to know at least a little bit about what really happened this year, and why Foster still has a job. If Lunker says he's got to go for the future of the program, thats good enough for me.

I used to do the public address for the baseball games back in my NU days. Plus, I'm a goddamned red-blooded American! Of course I care about baseball. I hope they figure this out.

Women's ice hockey

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT