ADVERTISEMENT

Wildcat Wrestling in action this morning in NCAA Tournament!

Guys looking sharp! Both Colin at 41 and Thomas at 49 upset their highly ranked opponents.

Luke is butchering the course. He shot a 9 on a par three and is 8 over par through 12 holes! Wrassler loves Luke,but it is time he switches his golf clubs for a TV commentary gig! He's too small to hang with Dechambleu!

Yahya got easily handled by Sasso. Deakin grasps victory from the jaws of defeat with a last second takedown. 157 LBI tough weight class. What happened to Concannon?

Reactions: Titanium999
Yahya got easily handled by Sasso. Deakin grasps victory from the jaws of defeat with a last second takedown. 157 LBI tough weight class. What happened to Concannon?
He wrestled the best wrestler in college, Daton ( Oklahoma State) Fix,who will be in the Olympics this year! Cannon is tough! Luke had one bad hole,otherwise he would be in top ten as he missed a 5 and 6 footer! Harrington looks great at the Honda Classic

Last edited:
Guys are in 13th place and wrestling well. Thomas,Cannon,Michael D can All American if they win their next match. Deakin is an AA again!

Disasterous Day 2. Deakin getting pinned a shocker.
Deakin didn't wrestle most of the year. He lost his quickness and didn't look ready. Thomas and Cannon made All American. Mikey D lost in overtime to number 2 seed to AA. Had the guy beat! Crazy short season.

Agree Deakin this year did not look like Deakin last year.
Actually I thought Deakin was looking more aggressive in this match than his previous one when disaster struck. Not used to being on his back for sure. Looked shocked when the pin was called. #2 Hidlay lost too. A big upset as well. Hope he comes back strong. Yaha is looking amazing.

Actually I thought Deakin was looking more aggressive in this match than his previous one when disaster struck. Not used to being on his back for sure. Looked shocked when the pin was called. #2 Hidlay lost too. A big upset as well. Hope he comes back strong. Yaha is looking amazing.
Deakin is the best. Maybe he is not 100%.

Deakin didn't wrestle most of the year. He lost his quickness and didn't look ready. Thomas and Cannon made All American. Mikey D lost in overtime to number 2 seed to AA. Had the guy beat! Crazy short season.

I don't know about that. Deakin didn't wrestle that much this year, but he was dominant when he did. He was dominant at the Big Tens, and he's dominating in the consolation semis right now. I think he just had a bad day, for whatever reason. Give Dellavecchia some credit, too. That was stunning.

I don't know about that. Deakin didn't wrestle that much this year, but he was dominant when he did. He was dominant at the Big Tens, and he's dominating in the consolation semis right now. I think he just had a bad day, for whatever reason. Give Dellavecchia some credit, too. That was stunning.

Jersey strong.

Likely nerves! He looked great just now beating a tough Gopher! Thomas looked sensational all tournament and took third! Northwestern may finish top 10! Depends on two Pitt wrestlers in finals!

Could be. Certainly will have options I'm sure. Hope he's around 1 more year, amazing representative of our school and program.

For Iowa fans, you're welcome for national champ Spencer Lee and the four other Pennsylvanians who went a combined 50-11 for your team this season.

Yeah, interesting that they all chose not to stay home and wrestle for Sanderson at PSU.

Top 10 for Academics, Football, and Wrestling. Wow!

Glad to see the program back. Congratulations to the team, and hope for an even better finish next year.

Really, what other NU team would finish in the TOP 10 and not get an Inside NU article headlined with ‘second coming’ type font??

OK, I’ll move on now as I see that Inside NU has now posted a small article noting the grapplers Top 10 finish....

Really, what other NU team would finish in the TOP 10 and not get an Inside NU article headlined with ‘second coming’ type font??

OK, I’ll move on now as I see that Inside NU has now posted a small article noting the grapplers Top 10 finish....
Link?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT