ADVERTISEMENT

Will Luke Donald finish top ten this weekend?

Close to last, that is...+4 thru 6 holes. Another disappointing outing for him (already - it’s only Thursday morning).

Reactions: Titanium999
Close to last, that is...+4 thru 6 holes. Another disappointing outing for him (already - it’s only Thursday morning).
Agreed. He will make an excellent TV commentator until he turns 50 and can play senior tour. He is too small for today's bomb and gauge game,IMHO. He would make a great coach or caddy too.

Agreed. He will make an excellent TV commentator until he turns 50 and can play senior tour. He is too small for today's bomb and gauge game,IMHO. He would make a great coach or caddy too.
Harrington is in top 20. Luke almost dead last! I like Luke,but he has an extremely uphill battle to make it on the PGA Tour

Harrington is in top 20. Luke almost dead last! I like Luke,but he has an extremely uphill battle to make it on the PGA Tour
Me too, but he’s effectively done playing on the PGA Tour. He can’t do anything consistently well enough anymore.

Me too, but he’s effectively done playing on the PGA Tour. He can’t do anything consistently well enough anymore.
Tennis 🎾and golf are much more boring now with the bigger and stronger players dominating. My favorite Tennis player 😍of all time is Rod Laver,who was,like Luke Donald, an absolute magician with the racquet 🎾.
Now,on hard courts,the 6 foot five guys dominate like Korda and the Russian dude Rublev ,who I watched yesterday. Those guys murder the ball and no human can consistently stop a 130 mph serve. So Tennis, on hard courts is just serve and volley. At least on grass and clay,the smaller guys gets a chance.

Senior golf and tennis is a bit different. Especially Tennis. You hardly see the tall,big guys play past 60 on hardcovers because of the pounding on knees. Over 60 things get back to normal in golf and Tennis but Michaelson still pounds the ball. Phil Michaelson and a few other 50 year old golfers dominate the seniors,although a small guy,like Mike Weir can squeeze in a top ten now and then.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT