ADVERTISEMENT

Will Patrick Baldwin Jr Commit to Northwestern?

Will PBJ commit to Northwestern?

• Total voters

DaCat

Gold Member
May 29, 2001
This is the biggest question on the minds of NU basketball fans. NU is right in the mix, with the top competition seemingly UW-Milwaukee (Sr is the coach) and Duke. So close, yet so far.

I think we have a legitimate shot, I guess it boils down to what he is looking for in probably his only season of college ball. If he is at NU, it would make it easy for his family to watch him in person while playing in the best conference in the country. He would also fill out the 2021 squad nicely, making it a bona fide contender for the B1G championship.

Some already know that Duke is out of the equation. 247 says that he is a "Duke 100%" but Duke isn't even in the cards from what a key person in the know said a month ago. Coming down to NU and a team in Wisconsin. I believe it is UW. Yes, UW isn't presently being discussed but that's what the word was. At the end of the day, he will be a Cat. And There is a reason why Casey called his shot before coming. He already knew. Do you?

My guess, look for PBJ to walk on. Yes, sounds absurd but those people love NU and are always in 'giving back' mode. One and done. He may be bringing another stud with him but 2 things have to be worked out right now. Stay Tuned! It has to be done the right way. Nuff said!

This is the biggest question on the minds of NU basketball fans. NU is right in the mix, with the top competition seemingly UW-Milwaukee (Sr is the coach) and Duke. So close, yet so far.
Yes! I think so

I think FloridAlum needs to have a PBJ party. That's how big this commitment will be.
My understanding is that it's a done deal! Just working on 2 things to make sure it's done right and 'seamless'.

Reactions: NUThump
Some already know that Duke is out of the equation. 247 says that he is a "Duke 100%" but Duke isn't even in the cards from what a key person in the know said a month ago. Coming down to NU and a team in Wisconsin. I believe it is UW. Yes, UW isn't presently being discussed but that's what the word was. At the end of the day, he will be a Cat. And There is a reason why Casey called his shot before coming. He already knew. Do you?

My guess, look for PBJ to walk on. Yes, sounds absurd but those people love NU and are always in 'giving back' mode. One and done. He may be bringing another stud with him but 2 things have to be worked out right now. Stay Tuned! It has to be done the right way. Nuff said!

Stop making shit up.

I think FloridAlum needs to have a PBJ party. That's how big this commitment will be.
My understanding is that it's a done deal! Just working on 2 things to make sure it's done right and 'seamless'.
Please explain.

This is the one time I hope you're right. You don't have a good track record after the "Flat Earth" and "The Fake by the Lake" howlers, but even a blind squirrel finds an acorn now and then.

I hate how confident he sounds, because I know it’s fiction but I want it to be true so badly.

Most of the articles seem to indicate Duke, Northwestern, and Milwaukee as the three favorites for PBJ. I would agree with that assessment without any inside info, real or imagined (ahem). Duke only has one commitment so far in the 2021 class, five-star small forward Adrian Griffin Jr, ranked #7 in the country. They are recruiting their usual batch of five-star prospects, including Baldwin Jr #3, Christie #12, etc. It seems we are out of the running for Christie, but I could be wrong, and still have a good shot at Baldwin Jr.

Most of the articles seem to indicate Duke, Northwestern, and Milwaukee as the three favorites for PBJ. I would agree with that assessment without any inside info, real or imagined (ahem). Duke only has one commitment so far in the 2021 class, five-star small forward Adrian Griffin Jr, ranked #7 in the country. They are recruiting their usual batch of five-star prospects, including Baldwin Jr #3, Christie #12, etc. It seems we are out of the running for Christie, but I could be wrong, and still have a good shot at Baldwin Jr.

And I believe we are still in the running. I just don't think it's a "done deal" and there are probably some dark horses in the running when it comes to a stud like PBJ. I mean, who is to say that Kentucky or Kansas won't come along and knock his socks off? His dad is from Kansas - they may be Jayhawk fans in their household, who knows? I know my kids root for KU because I grew up in Kansas, even though they have no other ties to the state.

Turk, his parents definately bleed purple and so did a young PBJ. Also, his parents have continued to give back to Nzu and I doubt there has been a more loyal couple outside of the Ryan's.
But the reports all point to Duke, so many just arent so hopeful. You claim that Duke is out. Explain?

Turk, his parents definately bleed purple and so did a young PBJ. Also, his parents have continued to give back to Nzu and I doubt there has been a more loyal couple outside of the Ryan's.
But the reports all point to Duke, so many just arent so hopeful. You claim that Duke is out. Explain?

Thanks Turk; please keep it up. Another reason for Lou to institute a Premium Basketball Board. “Pound the Rock”

Almost certainly he comes to NU. Trying to secure something else as well but it's a two part thing and needs to be taken care of the right way. Duke was out of the picture about a month ago from what I heard. Covid concerns and that was before the surge. As I reported about a month ago, between us and a Wisconsin school but I think UW. Time will tell but I'm almost certain he is a Cat. None of this is firsthand but I trust who told me last month. And there is a reason why Casey came here with a blind commitment. He knows a thing or two. Nuff Said!

Almost certainly he comes to NU. Trying to secure something else as well but it's a two part thing and needs to be taken care of the right way. Duke was out of the picture about a month ago from what I heard. Covid concerns and that was before the surge. As I reported about a month ago, between us and a Wisconsin school but I think UW. Time will tell but I'm almost certain he is a Cat. None of this is firsthand but I trust who told me last month. And there is a reason why Casey came here with a blind commitment. He knows a thing or two. Nuff Said!

Stop making shit up. Seriously.

Sweet sixteen with Baldwin!

I don't believe a word he says.
So, the answer is that you have no information that contradicts his source. Why not do the adult thing then and not rise to the bait, but simply wait until we get an answer and then make fun of Turk if he turns out to be wrong. As it stands now, Turk is getting exactly the reaction he wants from you.

Last edited:
So, the answer is that you have no information that contradicts his source. Why not do the adult thing then and not rise to the bait, but simply wait until we get an answer and then make fun of Turk if he turns out to be wrong. As it stands now, Turk is getting exactly the reaction he wants from you. I view it as a silly little squabble between two non-NU grads, which is rather amusing.

Why the "non-nu grads" jab? They are both NU fans, and that's all that matters on this board. If we want to truly be Chicago's Big 10 Team then it shouldn't matter how many NU degrees you have.

So, the answer is that you have no information that contradicts his source. Why not do the adult thing then and not rise to the bait, but simply wait until we get an answer and then make fun of Turk if he turns out to be wrong.
I think GCG is questioning whether Turk actually has a source. That is not an unreasonable question given that Turk also maintains an alter ego on the board to support his own opinions.

Reactions: ColumbusCatFan1
I think GCG is questioning whether Turk actually has a source. That is not an unreasonable question given that Turk also maintains an alter ego on the board to support his own opinions.
No. He was responding to a question about whether he had anything to contradict Turk's so-called "source" by saying he doesn't believe anything Turk says. I'm just always amused by how GCG consistently rises to Turk's bait, just as I'm amused by how others are outraged by the fact that Turk maintains an alter ego on the board.

To bring it back on topic...

I am far from an expert at talent evaluation. Obviously PBJ is more skilled than any other high school prospect that has committed to NU bball in the time I've been following the Cats.

That said... is he *for sure* a one-and-done? Or might he need one year in college to learn and develop and grow stronger, then dominate and prove his lottery-pick potential as a soph?

Not sure if that would help or hurt NU's chances, necessarily, but just thought I'd throw that out for discussion.

To bring it back on topic...

I am far from an expert at talent evaluation. Obviously PBJ is more skilled than any other high school prospect that has committed to NU bball in the time I've been following the Cats.

That said... is he *for sure* a one-and-done? Or might he need one year in college to learn and develop and grow stronger, then dominate and prove his lottery-pick potential as a soph?

Not sure if that would help or hurt NU's chances, necessarily, but just thought I'd throw that out for discussion.

In the highlights I've seen of PBJ, he seems to be cruising at 3/4 speed most of the time, and is still unstoppable. That could also be a function of playing against weaker competition. I'd like to see him take it stronger to the rim and throw down some jams, be The Man out there. He needs to play against top competition, and that is why NU seems to be the perfect fit for him. UW-M would be a mistake for him.

Reactions: CoralSpringsCat
So, the answer is that you have no information that contradicts his source. Why not do the adult thing then and not rise to the bait, but simply wait until we get an answer and then make fun of Turk if he turns out to be wrong. As it stands now, Turk is getting exactly the reaction he wants from you.

I have extremely limited basketball contacts, none of whom are pushing anything anywhere close to what Turk is selling.

I have extremely limited basketball contacts, none of whom are pushing anything anywhere close to what Turk is selling.
Stick to your skillset of reviewing football video. Turk was right about Green being a Bigten QB. You were wrong again.
Its ok not to be cranky. Learn from Turk!

No. He was responding to a question about whether he had anything to contradict Turk's so-called "source" by saying he doesn't believe anything Turk says. I'm just always amused by how GCG consistently rises to Turk's bait, just as I'm amused by how others are outraged by the fact that Turk maintains an alter ego on the board.
Turk may be chumming but I like gocatsgo.

So, as I said, you have no information which contradicts Turk's so-called source. Be patient. Relax.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT