ADVERTISEMENT

WR NCAA Pool standings at the Sweet 16

lou v

Aug 27, 2004
So, I lost two Final Four teams in the first round on Thursday and figured my bracket was finished. Imagine my surprise when I took a look at the standings this morning and saw my name at the top.

My first thought: wow, you guys really suck. But it's been that kind of a tournament so far, with a No. 1 and two No. 2s already going down.

I may be at the top of the leader board right now, but nine players have a higher remaining points total than I do. So my ride at the top will probably be short-lived. But it's better than I was expecting.

I am in the lead with 44 points and have Arizona as the champ. Tied for second are NUCats (Kentucky) and NapeCat (Gonzaga) with 42 points, and then there is a four-way tie for fourth at 41 points.

And to answer the question I saw in a post, I don't know what happens if I win. Maybe I'll give myself six months off and let Turk run the show.

WR Pool standings

Last edited:
So, I am now tied for 2nd, and have no bullets left. I’m expecting a participation trophy from Bob! 🥳

Reactions: No Chores
It has been a wild ride. I see that I am the last in the list to still have available points to add. I also note that above me there are 10 who cannot add enough additional points to stay ahead of me if Kansas makes the semifinals.

The bottom line is that with Kansas moving into the semifinals I would jump all the way from middle of the pack to the top 5 or 6 at worst.

Only two of us in the pool have selected one of the present final four to be the winner. Nucatnap has Villanova taking it all and GoU!Kennu has Kansas cutting down the nets. Even though GoU is now at #12, with the Jayhawks becoming the National Champions he/she should comfortably earn those free 6 months of WildcatReport.

On the other hand with Villanova advancing, Nucatnap would appear to have the lock for holding onto #! where presently positioned.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT