ADVERTISEMENT

Wrestling picks up Benjamin from St. Charles!

Titanium999

Jan 16, 2014
Justin Benjamin will help at 41 weight class. Congrats! Solid top ten team next year. Great recruiting classes these last two years.

What do you know about him my man?
He just won state in Illinois. Good on his feet. We have two of the best lightweight coaches in the country in Jimmy Kennedy and Cody Brewer. He seems to love wrestling. If he does,he will improve. Yahya Thomas lost in overtime to AA Pat Lugo of Iowa. Thomas is a beast if healthy and at the correct weight. Overall,very deep team.

We have a tough freshman 74 lber from Kansas coming in,so we have depth from 57-74 as Erich Bleylock is good also. Jack Jesson will be very good if he gains a bit of muscle. Only weight I am not sure of is heavyweight. And he doesn't seem to shabby either.

He just won state in Illinois. Good on his feet. We have two of the best lightweight coaches in the country in Jimmy Kennedy and Cody Brewer. He seems to love wrestling. If he does,he will improve. Yahya Thomas lost in overtime to AA Pat Lugo of Iowa. Thomas is a beast if healthy and at the correct weight. Overall,very deep team.
Thanks! We never get any of this scoop on any other site, and we don't have to listen to a bunch of b.s. from some of my least favorite posters.

Reactions: Titanium999
Thanks! We never get any of this scoop on any other site, and we don't have to listen to a bunch of b.s. from some of my least favorite posters.
No problem. Our assistant coaches are very,very respected nationally! Why? They are all solid international competitors. Most good high school, blue Chip wrestlers want to make the Olympics. Our coaches are near Olympic level. Iron sharpons iron! Ryan Lang and Herbert,back in 2004-5 helped turn our program around. We had a few hiccups,but we are back on track! Rivera ,being ranked number one all year, showed we can do it on the big stage!

We have a tough freshman 74 lber from Kansas coming in,so we have depth from 57-74 as Erich Bleylock is good also. Jack Jesson will be very good if he gains a bit of muscle. Only weight I am not sure of is heavyweight. And he doesn't seem to shabby either.
I am surprised that you say Jessen needs to add muscle? I always thought he was “jacked” in high school. Is he wanting to go 197?

I am surprised that you say Jessen needs to add muscle? I always thought he was “jacked” in high school. Is he wanting to go 197?
No! He's a beast! But he is wrestling grown men and needs to add five pounds of muscle for the 84 class! He's a great wrestler who will be a multiple AA! He won Fargo Nationals!

Thanks for info T999. Appreciate your proactive input on NU wrestling, which gets short shrift elsewhere. Any links also always helpful.

Reactions: Titanium999
Surprised Cody Brewer left as coach! He got a nice offer from Top Ten program, Virginia Tech. Likely more money and upward mobility. Brewer is an amazing coach! We were lucky to have him on board.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT