ADVERTISEMENT

Wrestling team has a big tournament this Friday and Saturday! Ranked 7th in nation

Everyone looking good so far! Frankie wrestled a tough kid from Michigan and lost by a point!

How about an update Wrassler. How many of our giuys got through the quarters?

How about an update Wrassler. How many of our giuys got through the quarters?
We have three guys in the semis! Overall, this is likely the deepest team I have seen since Fox, Lang , Herbert and Velez wrestled! That team beat Iowa which was pretty cool 😎! Definitely a top ten team! The tournament is brutal ! Basically, like a mini ncaa tournament

Frankie TelSair at 41 won three matches and just lost an OT match! Likely, we have 9 guys ranked in top 35-40 in the country

lots of great division two guys! Ferrante lost to a division two national champ! Fisher lost in ot too

We have three guys in the semis! Overall, this is likely the deepest team I have seen since Fox, Lang , Herbert and Velez wrestled! That team beat Iowa which was pretty cool 😎! Definitely a top ten team! The tournament is brutal ! Basically, like a mini ncaa tournament
Who is in the semi's?

Who is in the semi's?
Thomas Cannon Deakin in semis. Didn't see Cannon match but he won into finals. Deakin first period F over Kendall Coleman Purdue. Score was already 12-0. Thomas lost 4-5 to Sasso of Ohio State. Who knows what if they choose neutral instead of bottom. He did get a TD

Reactions: NREPP Fraud
Thomas Cannon Deakin in semis. Didn't see Cannon match but he won into finals. Deakin first period F over Kendall Coleman Purdue. Score was already 12-0. Thomas lost 4-5 to Sasso of Ohio State. Who knows what if they choose neutral instead of bottom. He did get a TD
Sasso is sensational! He is going to beat the two time defending national champion from Cornell in an hour or so! Thomas can be a national champ this year! Northwestern looks great! If mike d’ augustino wrestled, we may win the tournament! Michigan doesn’t have their top guys wrestling this weekend and they are ncaa title contenders with Iowa and Penn state

Sasso is sensational! He is going to beat the two time defending national champion from Cornell in an hour or so! Thomas can be a national champ this year! Northwestern looks great! If mike d’ augustino wrestled, we may win the tournament! Michigan doesn’t have their top guys wrestling this weekend and they are ncaa title contenders with Iowa and Penn state
Sasso lost 6-2 to the two-time defending national champ from Cornell. Don't see him losing for the next two years.

Sasso lost 6-2 to the two-time defending national champ from Cornell. Don't see him losing for the next two years.
He almost lost literally in the previous round to Nebraska and the week before to Stanford. Two guys both Sasso and Thomas have beaten handily. This year 149 lbs is up for grabs. The matchups will matter.

He almost lost literally in the previous round to Nebraska and the week before to Stanford. Two guys both Sasso and Thomas have beaten handily. This year 149 lbs is up for grabs. The matchups will matter.
"Almost literally" doesn't count. I predict Yianni Diakomihalis from Cornell will not lose this year. He does wrestle close matches however. YaHa almost beat Sasso but that almost did not count either.

Thought this was a Cats board for Cats fans that want to see CATS win. 🙄 You can't spell your own athlete's name even close to correctly but you're perfect on the far easier "Yianni Diakomihalis" 😶

And the almosts absolutely DO count at this time of year.

So we got you down as a Cornell fan at 149 lbs. Are you supporting Iowa State at the other weight we can win a title?

Last edited:
Thought this was a Cats board for Cats fans that want to see CATS win. 🙄 You can't spell your own athlete's name even close to correctly but you're perfect on the far easier "Yianni Diakomihalis" 😶

And the almosts absolutely DO count at this time of year.

So we got you down as a Cornell fan at 149 lbs. Are you supporting Iowa State at the other weight we can win a title?
I may spell things incorrectly at times but as a former Ken Kraft recruit and asststant to Ken while a graduate student and major donor to the Ken Kraft wrestling complex (name on the wall as you enter) I do know a few things about the sport. One thing is you never predict that a two- time national champion as freshman and sophomore is going to lose to anyone based on how that person did against different wrestler. It is OK to like Sasso but he should not have beaten Yahya if you review the video. I predict Yahya will beat Sasso before Sasso beats Yanni D. but I certainly would not put money on it.
PS True this is a Northwestern board but contrary to your comment I don't recall "rooting" for an NU wrestler to lose to anyone.

Sasso is good! We have a pretty salty team! Possibly get top five in ncaa when all is said and done

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT