ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Wrigley Field

mshelton33

Jun 16, 2021
Wrigley was open today for reporters and outlets to take B roll and photos, I stopped by. Lord knows I'm not a photographer but I got to walk around the Friendly Confines for a bit, which, even as a Sox fan, I have to admit was really cool. But as charming as my bucket list is, I thought I'd share some tidbits I picked up:

Things I learned:

1) you can't place outgoing calls on the Cubs bullpen phone in November

2) NU is going to have a special helmet for the game. On a photo blackout that I'll respect, but they're CLEAN. Might be my favorite NU helmet ever: white helmet with Northwestern in purple baseball script.

I trust you all not to leak that before the team drops the photos.

3) both teams will share a sideline, this has been previously reported but I can confirm it. The field is a tight squeeze to fit and with the right field wall you can't get the normal sideline for both squads. There's a purple block of No Man's Land between them, rumor is teams will be penalized for entering it.

4) Wrigley is cut super short. By far the shortest grass I've ever seen for a Northwestern game.

5) This is a bit of a spoiler for anyone who has a ticket, but they were test running the in-game promotions. They asked the team what covers the outfield wall and a bunch of guys couldn't place the word for ivy and answered vines or grapevines, drew some laughs. Also, Bryce Kirtz couldn't guess the year that Wrigley Field opened for his life.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News