ADVERTISEMENT

Zobrist on Cubs..and 'Cats?

Aging Booster

Apr 10, 2014
I cannot help but think about this year's NU basketball team in the terms Ben Zobrist uses to describe the Cubs last year:
"It's hard to put into words the impact that the kind of championship that 2016 has on a team," Zobrist said Sunday, "because I don't think anybody has had to deal with that in baseball when you're talking about how much pressure was on our team and getting to that Game 7 and win that championship that hasn't been done in 108 years.
"I think everybody was pretty satisfied as far as Cubs Nation goes -- at least for a little bit. As players, you have to find a way to turn it back on. It's not easy to do. From the top to the bottom, it was a difficult road to get everybody back to the same frame of mind, the same hunger that we had in '16. We just weren't ourselves the whole first half of last year."
The Cubs were pros, our guys are 18-22 year old college students. If pros felt that way, I can only imagine how our guys felt.

Last edited:
The Cubs turned it on in the second half in '17 and got all the way back to the NLCS.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT