ADVERTISEMENT

“Charity” to pay $50K per annum to each UT Offensive Lineman (in addition to $100K already established)

Since the universities still aren't paying the players (NIL comes from third parties), I don't see where "until now" comes into play.

One "place(s) for it to go" has been non-revenue sports and scholarships.
Athletic revenues include general marketing dollars (paid through TV, mostly) and booster revenues. Both of those sources can now find new channels and streams into the pockets of players instead of AD budgets. It remains to be seen if existing revenues will partially rebalance over time or if the rebalancing will just be in the growth portion.

I was happy for five great year at N.U. plus a great education. I have had a great life because of that experience. These kids will miss all that . What education ?
Players who stay at NU for 4-5 years will still get that education.

I honestly can’t believe this is the tipping point for some of you. After all these years it’s becoming legal for these athletes to profit off of THEIR NAME and THEIR IMAGE. Football coaches salaries shooting towards $10mil a year isn’t your breaking point but the athletes being able to make money off of their signature is. Last year we had athletic departments furloughing employees and trying to cut sports yet they still managed to pay expensive buyouts and find the cash for new coaches.
This past season we had to hand over an extra $100-$200 to watch our kids play on an incredibly poor playing surface with walls way to close to the field of play.
Kids finally making money legally over the table isn’t going to doom college football because eventually this wall all level out. All you threatening to stop watching know damn well you’ll still watch and if not, good riddance.

I honestly can’t believe this is the tipping point for some of you. After all these years it’s becoming legal for these athletes to profit off of THEIR NAME and THEIR IMAGE. Football coaches salaries shooting towards $10mil a year isn’t your breaking point but the athletes being able to make money off of their signature is. Last year we had athletic departments furloughing employees and trying to cut sports yet they still managed to pay expensive buyouts and find the cash for new coaches.
This past season we had to hand over an extra $100-$200 to watch our kids play on an incredibly poor playing surface with walls way to close to the field of play.
Kids finally making money legally over the table isn’t going to doom college football because eventually this wall all level out. All you threatening to stop watching know damn well you’ll still watch and if not, good riddance.
Watching coaching salaries explode insanely because the sport forbid the athletes from receiving compensation, leaving nowhere else for all the new revenue to go, and failing to make that connection and being angry about players making money is so funny,

The NIL reality we’re left with is like the worst possible version of the inevitable outcome, but you can thank the foot draggers and head in sand crowd for that.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT