Tommy Odell
Ifeadi Odenigbo
Eric Olson
Ian Park
Jalen Prater
C J Robbins
Josh Roberts
Andrew Scanlan

This means that Warren Long, and Matt Alviti will likely be coming back next year. Anthony Walker still to be determined.

Last edited:
To be honored on Saturday at Senior Day:
Quinn Baker
Austin Carr
Sam Coverdale
Chris Fitzpatrick
Matt Harris
Tom Hruby
Joseph Jones
Greg Kuhar
Connor Mahoney
Shane Mertz
Jack Mitchell
Matt Micucci
Tommy Odell
Ifeadi Odenigbo
Eric Olson
Ian Park
Jalen Prater
C J Robbins
Josh Roberts
Andrew Scanlan

This means that Warren Long, and Matt Alviti will likely be coming back next year. Anthony Walker still to be determined.

Looks like Coverdale and Roberts are four year players, then?

To be honored on Saturday at Senior Day:
Quinn Baker
Austin Carr
Sam Coverdale
Chris Fitzpatrick
Matt Harris
Tom Hruby
Joseph Jones
Greg Kuhar
Connor Mahoney
Shane Mertz
Jack Mitchell
Matt Micucci
Tommy Odell
Ifeadi Odenigbo
Eric Olson
Ian Park
Jalen Prater
C J Robbins
Josh Roberts
Andrew Scanlan

Well, so much for Ian Park's football career. The foot injury must have been something that wasn't going to fully heal. Too bad for him. He was a pretty good player when healthy.

Has anyone posted a guesstimate as to our number of available
Scholarships? With the CQ announcement and the Simba Short situation are we looking at 20 spots? Does the LS transfer have another year of eligibility?

Has anyone posted a guesstimate as to our number of available
Scholarships? With the CQ announcement and the Simba Short situation are we looking at 20 spots? Does the LS transfer have another year of eligibility?

I did that today factoring in graduating players and retirements. We are at 65 recruited returning scholarship players for next year, which would imply 20 scholarships available to give. We have 18 commitments from incoming freshmen, which seems to leave two available. However, I think JB Butler and the graduate student long snapper who transferred in this year (Stroebel?) are likely going to be on scholarship for next year. If that is the case, I don't think we have anymore scholarships left to give.

I did that today factoring in graduating players and retirements. We are at 65 recruited returning scholarship players for next year, which would imply 20 scholarships available to give. We have 18 commitments from incoming freshmen, which seems to leave two available. However, I think JB Butler and the graduate student long snapper who transferred in this year (Stroebel?) are likely going to be on scholarship for next year. If that is the case, I don't think we have anymore scholarships left to give.

I don't think Stroebel is a scholarship player.

The loss of Mertz and Park this year were huge as far as our offensive line is concerned. I would say it is one of the reasons we have struggled to find consistency there. As Fitz likes to say, we're a "developmental program," meaning we don't go pluck some jaycees to fill the bill like some other BIG schools.

Reactions: CoralSpringsCat
The loss of Mertz and Park this year were huge as far as our offensive line is concerned. I would say it is one of the reasons we have struggled to find consistency there. As Fitz likes to say, we're a "developmental program," meaning we don't go pluck some jaycees to fill the bill like some other BIG schools.

Completely agree. Park would have been the best OLman and Mertz right up there. Sad that they couldn't finish their careers on a high.

Well they better get them from somewhere.

I missed something! Could somebody please fill me in on Simba Short?

Simba Short. He's a linebacker from Brentwood, Ca. He wears number 34 and is listed as a redshirt freshman. He went to De Las Salle high school, and is listed as 6' 2" and 205 lbs. He has brown eyes, and says his girlfriend's name is Suzie.

Simba Short. He's a linebacker from Brentwood, Ca. He wears number 34 and is listed as a redshirt freshman. He went to De Las Salle high school, and is listed as 6' 2" and 205 lbs. He has brown eyes, and says his girlfriend's name is Suzie.

As he was missing from practice at camp, has been seen and CCF lumps him in with CQ, one must figure he has left the program - one way or another. Too bad...fun name and wrassler would have had a field day.

Me thinks we need some more LBs and DBs...

As he was missing from practice at camp, has been seen and CCF lumps him in with CQ, one must figure he has left the program - one way or another. Too bad...fun name and wrassler would have had a field day.

Me thinks we need some more LBs and DBs...
Somebody indicates there is a situation I haven't heard about, I'm naturally going to be curious.

Well, CoralSpringsCat seems to be indicating that there is more information than you've listed here!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT