ADVERTISEMENT

2019 Non-Conference: UMASS

Indeed... NU had a gap in its conference schedule that week, so guessing Phillips/Fitz decided it was better to play UMASS between Purdue and Indiana rather than have a "choppy" end of the conference season (two late byes).

Yeah. And UMass is one of the easiest teams to schedule in a November slot because they're an independent and they don't have their own conference schedule to worry about.

Indeed... NU had a gap in its conference schedule that week, so guessing Phillips/Fitz decided it was better to play UMASS between Purdue and Indiana rather than have a "choppy" end of the conference season (two late byes).

http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools.../2013-14/misc_non_event/2019B1GFBSchedule.pdf

http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools.../2013-14/misc_non_event/2019B1GFBSchedule.pdf
It could also become a NU Wrigley Field game.

Right since NU has been looking for a November game and UMass fans likely would not travel well to Ryan Field but Wrigley is the draw for those, who have never been there.

You are right and I must comfort myself with the thought that I can sell my seats at a premium to the chumps. I like it!

A little visibility in New England never hurts for academic recruitment. Pleased to see UMass coming to Evanston.
and, Go Cats !!

A little visibility in New England never hurts for academic recruitment. Pleased to see UMass coming to Evanston.
and, Go Cats !!

Have a hard time seeing where a home game against UMASS is going to move the needle for recruiting in any way.

You are right and I must comfort myself with the thought that I can sell my seats at a premium to the chumps. I like it!

Sorry, one year too early - football not back until 2020

LINK

Football will return to Wrigley Field in November 2020, Cubs President Crane Kenney told the Tribune, with Northwestern's hosting multiple Big Ten games the team's "first priority."

Sorry, one year too early - football not back until 2020

LINK

Football will return to Wrigley Field in November 2020, Cubs President Crane Kenney told the Tribune, with Northwestern's hosting multiple Big Ten games the team's "first priority."
That may be the case but the remodeling of Wrigley Field should be complete by 2019, except for a few new layers of paint. So things might change.

That won't happen. The guys on this team learned a big lesson last year's in non conference.

To be fair, many of the guys that learned that lesson won't be here in 2019.

But unless NU takes a serious turn south in the next couple of seasons, they're not going to lose to UMass.

Why not do a home and home, us at Wrigley, UMass at Fenway Park?

That would be an incredible "home and home" that everyone would be talking about.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT